Free Trial Forum - Support Requests

1. Is the Support Requests system suitable (or readily adaptable) to use as a ticket system for members on a non-eCommerce site?

2. When I attempt to set which staff can view complaints, there is only the option to select Admins. I cannot locate any way to add other groups.

Thanks.

• Management

We are actually going to be removing the support system in a future release. As an alternative, you could use third party systems via APIs, normal email, PM system, or even create a forum where only the original poster and your staff can see posts. There are lots of ways to communicate in private to your members 🙂 

When you say view complains, are you referring to the report center? You would also be able to select moderators too if they have permission to manage reports.

Thank you for the reply, Charles.

I am just exploring the various systems right now. I've already set up a forum in the way you suggested. But a full-blown ticket system would suit our purposes - it is disappointing that you are deprecating it (I have just read the announcement about it).

PMs are not a good way to handle complaints and the like. And using a forum is far from ideal too. And we will not be using third-party system (for what will be low usage). I suppose the forum option it will have to be.

Thanks anyway.