Oddity since moving forum to new web host.

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I recently moved my forums to new hosting. Both are on 4.7. One forum is exactly the same as before. the other one has these odd _ and - randomly next to text on the forum. 

Any ideas what could be causing this? If you know how would I fix it? 

Could contain: Weapon, Logo

• Management

I took a quick look at your site, and my best guess is that the there is an issue with the database import where it looks like it has converted whitespace into a character.

It may be as simple as editing the footer template and saving it to correct the issue.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I took a quick look at your site, and my best guess is that the there is an issue with the database import where it looks like it has converted whitespace into a character.

It may be as simple as editing the footer template and saving it to correct the issue.

It's doing it on all the themes it seems. 

Could contain: Lighting, Logo, Nature, Night, Outdoors, Astronomy, Moon, Light, Sea, Water

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

Did you try saving the footer template as Matt suggested? Have you tried to create a new theme?

I did the saving of the footer template as suggested. It didn't change anything. Forum works fine etc. Just adds the _ and - randomly. 

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Should be good now. 

• Solution

This is coming from the third party plugin called Donate Sidebar. It is imposing font selections on your community. You will want to remove any custom fonts and CSS in there or contact the author for assistance.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is coming from the third party plugin called Donate Sidebar. It is imposing font selections on your community. You will want to remove any custom fonts and CSS in there or contact the author for assistance.

I disabled the plugin and it didn't change anything. Disabling it should have removed the font correct?