How can we suspend forum members, but not delete their account or content?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

We use Invision Community to provide a forum for our members, who pay us a monthly subscription.

When a member cancels their subscription, how do we 'suspend' their forum account? We don't want to delete them in case they renew their subscription in the future. But we do want to 'deactivate' their forum account, so they can't view or post in the forums, until they renew their subscription. How do we do this? (I only see options in the forum backend to 'ban' people, which sounds more extreme than what we're looking for.)

Can anyone help with this please? Thank you! 😊

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

You should have two different member groups… one for subscribers, one for non-subscribers.  Non-subscribers would not have access to the forums. (Such as your guests group).  People that don’t have an active subscription should be in the the appropriate group. 

Sounds Good To Me I Like It GIF by CBS

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 4:20 PM, Randy Calvert said:

You should have two different member groups… one for subscribers, one for non-subscribers.  Non-subscribers would not have access to the forums. (Such as your guests group).  People that don’t have an active subscription should be in the the appropriate group. 

Thank you! 👍