error upgrade Invision 4.4.10 t0 4.7.7

In order to upgrade to 4.7.x you need to be running PHP8/8.1.  The version you are upgrading from does not support it.  As a result, you need to do a manual upgrade.

1. Disable all 3rd party applications & plugins.
  2. Switch to a default non-customized IPS theme.
  3. Upgrade your server to PHP 8.
  4. Use the compatibility checker script to confirm you have all of the required PHP modules installed in your PHP8.   
  5. Manually upload the files of the new version from your client area to your server.
  6. Visit yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade and follow the prompts to do the upgrade.
  7. Check if any 3rd party modifications require an update (there's a button to manually check in the applications page). After you apply the updates you can safely re-enable those modifications.
  8. Go to your Support Page in ACP and fix any remaining issues listed on the page.
  9. If you still have disabled applications and/or plugins after the above steps, re-enable them 1 by 1 to make sure they are compatible with PHP 8.

I upgraded to php 8 and the forum with version 4.4 didn't work so I uploaded version 4.7.7 to the server overwriting the files I ran the script and it gives me everything green but when I clicked on start upgrade it starts uploading and immediately gives me a blank page

The error there is a 500 Internal Serve Error, you would need to obtain the error from your server's error log then provide it to us. Please only provide that log entry and not the whole log. Please ask your hosting provider for assistance if you are having issues.

[Thu Mar 02 22:58:17.284305 2023] [autoindex:error] [pid 7131:tid 47622155990784] [remote 52.167.144.75:33664] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/qknqwabh/public_html/forum/uploads/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.php7,index.php5,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.jp,index.phtml,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.html,index.htm,index.js) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

Just now, Aurora17 said:

[Thu Mar 02 22:58:17.284305 2023] [autoindex:error] [pid 7131:tid 47622155990784] [remote 52.167.144.75:33664] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/qknqwabh/public_html/forum/uploads/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.php7,index.php5,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.jp,index.phtml,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.html,index.htm,index.js) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

This is not the error involved, I'm afraid.

14 minutes ago, Aurora17 said:

there is no error log in  the server

You may need to ask your hosting provider for assistance if you are limited in what you can obtain or your server is not configured to output certain errors. We cannot move forward without this error, I'm afraid.

If your host allows it, you might be able to turn on error reporting to the screen.  Edit your .htaccess file to add the following two lines at the end:

php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_flag display_errors on

But again...  some hosts don't allow you to override their settings.  So this may or not not work for you.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

You have a third party application installed which is not compatible with PHP 8. You will need to contact the author of the Member Map for assistance:

[03-Mar-2023 20:59:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\membermap\Markers\_Markers::contentImages($limit = null) must be compatible with IPS\Content\_Item::contentImages($limit = null, $ignorePermissions = false) in ../applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php on line 718

This is also why I suggested disabling all 3rd party resources as the first step above....  🙂 

You might try using Recovery Mode to disable everything now that you are in this situation.

A few notes...

• If you don't have a constants.php file, you're going to be creating one.  Just paste the code it gave in.
  • When you add the constants.php file, clear your browser cache...  THEN login to your ACP.  You should get a message that resources are being disabled.
  • Once the resources are disabled, you'll need to turn off recovery mode (remove it from your existing constants.php file, OR if that was the only entry in it just delete the constants.php file).  You won't be able to do anything in ACP until it's turned back off again after things are disabled.  

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please see the guide below. It is as easy as adding a new line on a file 🙂 :

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/client-services/getting-support-r292/#recoverymode

mi da queste errore [[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Have you tried rolling back 7.x PHP?

with php7 it gives me this error

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later

You're kind of caught in no-mans land right now, unfortunately. Didn't realize you were this far ahead that the latest release files had been applied. Do you have a backup you made prior to the upgrade attempt of files and database?

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You're kind of caught in no-mans land right now, unfortunately. Didn't realize you were this far ahead that the latest release files had been applied. Do you have a backup you made prior to the upgrade attempt of files and database?

no purtroppo