Article section presentation like Invision

I need little help setting up our new articles section. 

Here is the articles page https://www.enotalone.com/articles/ which is connected to our articles database. 

I would very much like to implement the same presentation, design and layout that invision is using for their blogs section. 

So, 1.  the article image would show full width above the article text like here https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/downloads-updates-graphql-and-more-r1273/ my implementation show a very small image above text, under the title like here https://www.enotalone.com/articles/relationships/test-2-r2/

and 2. categories would show a 3 column list of articles with thumbnail, title and description. My categories at the moment display the titles like forum topics, see here https://www.enotalone.com/articles/relationships/

Thank you very much.

Well, it is native in the sense that it uses the Pages template system just as you would if you created it all from scratch. Plugins are just the delivery method for these templates. 

Other than using existing templates, all we can say is that you would need to create your own templates for your articles database under ACP → Pages → Templates. 

Edited by opentype

I understand that displaying them as invision does is not possible as it is a custom design they don't extend to customers.

Is it possible to display database entries using the blogs' presentation, template layout?

Thank you opentype. I really dislike the use of any plugins but it looks like here I have no choice because the invision database/pages is a half backed solution when it comes to presentation. I purchased your supergrid solution.

14 hours ago, virap1 said:

the invision database/pages is a half backed solution when it comes to presentation.

I agree, I am underwhelmed by the presentation of the Articles database which does not offer at least a basic decent looking blog capability. I really hope that this gets some attention in future updates so that we can display blog articles in an elegant manner. 

I'm sure Invision has made a template for their own blog here so at least including that template as part of a release would be a start in the right direction. Before purchase, I assumed it would be possible for me to display something similar, so that was a bit of a downer. 

8 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you watch the March release live topic, it was mentioned that Pages is going to be getting an overhaul and that one of the things being looked at is more templates and easier drag/drop widgets. 

Yes, I think Randy is correct as I watched that bit too and if i'm not mistaken, the IPS Blog is written on the Pages application rather than the Blog piece so hopefully all of those features will be available in this drag and drop option.

Until then I would just back up how @opentype's strong plugin templates work really well with Articles and other Pages you create.

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you want this in the immediate term, then opentype probably has your best solutions there. As already mentioned, we do have plans for the pages application, but its not something you are going to see quickly

Yes, i as basically forced to pay to adopt opentype's solution because my paid invision plan or the upgraded creator pro include no normal presentation solutions at all.

55 minutes ago, virap1 said:

Yes, i as basically forced to pay to adopt opentype's solution because my paid invision plan or the upgraded creator pro include no normal presentation solutions at all.

There are no presentation solutions that suit your specific preference. As mentioned, we certainly have plans for improvement on that area, however I would say, we have a fully functional trial of all products before you purchase any application on the platform,