Caching issues, file not found. HELP

Go to solution Solved by Adlago,

Hi there,

For the last days I'm experiencing caching issues. I haven't changed anything... and suddenly... I don't understand.

If I clear the cache from Support page in Admin CP, it comes back to normal.

After several hours, the frontend starts to break. First I see as if mobile design was being load in my desktop and eventually all CSS disappears.

I can see lot's of 404 errors. It's as if the cached content disappears or becomes corrupt.

A couple of examples:

When it starts failing loading mobile view in desktop

Could contain: Person, People, File, Text

Afterwards, when everything is broken.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Page, Text, Machine, Wheel

However, if I go to admin CP everything is okay and I'm able to clear cache.

I didn't change any settings. In fact as I thought it could be related to redis, I enabled MySQL cache. But... same result after several hours.

Any idea of what is happening here?

Cheers,

Ibai

Edited by Ibai

Looks like you are losing CSS issues here. The software will write the CSS to file when the cache is cleared. If you're seeing this going missing or inaccessible items on your file system, you will need to work with your hosting provider for assistance.

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Looks like you are losing CSS issues here. The software will write the CSS to file when the cache is cleared. If you're seeing this going missing or inaccessible items on your file system, you will need to work with your hosting provider for assistance.

Seems it has sth related with Apache mod_pagespeed.

Maybe IPS is not compatible with this apache module?

Basically, the software simply outputs a normal CSS file so if that CSS file is not on your server, it would not be able to read appropriately by the browser. Same for images/etc... If you have something on your server which converts to webp but that image doesn't actually exist then your server/browser can't load it.

1 hour ago, Adlago said:

This mod is applied to "regular sites". In this case, look for other forms of optimization, but remove this mod.

Thanks. I wonder what does IPS in order to make this module incompatible 😞 

Seemed interesting.

Disabled and back to normality.

9 minutes ago, Ibai said:

Thanks. I wonder what does IPS in order to make this module incompatible 😞

They are probably looking for a balance between cash and reality, ie. any additional, external to the suite, cache creates an issues at some point. For example, I gave up nginx cache server because I got spikes on the first byte over 1.5 seconds and quite often.. Now I use only basic apache and these issues are gone. Also - look for a reasonable sidebar cache time - I use 2 hours, after much experimentation... Etc.

52 minutes ago, RoHAdmin said:

This is similar to what we're experiencing.  We don't have anything that converts pages to .webp though.  I've tried multiple themes so I know it's not a problem on that end.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Person, Webpage, Face, HeadCould contain: File, Webpage, Page, TextCould contain: Logo, File, Text

Do you have also mod_pagespeed enabled?

12 hours ago, Adlago said:

They are probably looking for a balance between cash and reality, ie. any additional, external to the suite, cache creates an issues at some point. For example, I gave up nginx cache server because I got spikes on the first byte over 1.5 seconds and quite often.. Now I use only basic apache and these issues are gone. Also - look for a reasonable sidebar cache time - I use 2 hours, after much experimentation... Etc.

I also tried nginx.

Now I'm trying cloudflare. From now, I haven't experienced any issue with cloudflare.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:06 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Unfortunately we dont advise the use of IIS (and indeed dont support the product being used on that software) as its known to cause issues.

We're going to look into migrating to Apache if that's possible but that sounds like a fresh set of headaches.  It would be great if we could just move our site to the Invision Cloud infrastructure and in that begin using Apache.  Not sure how smooth that process is but we'll look into it.