Administrator Notifications-Protect site

I have received the following errors on my 2-week-old partially installed website. The more I read the more confused I get, all on me. Is there any video out there in regard to this? Invision has good info on the subject, I am just drawing a blank. I'm using the most recent Invision Community, Self-Hosting. I should be using the Invision Cloud, then no issues.

Here are the issues that I was told it would be smart to fix on my site:

Administrator Notifications
Maintenance Tasks Not Running
Dangerous PHP Functions Enabled
Public Display of PHP Errors Enabled

Also, Maintenance Tasks Not Running. I think I have a handle on that one.

I have talked to my host provider, which has been very helpful in regard to my issues. But every time I talk about this issue I just confuse them more, all on me. And it helps no one in the fact, I don't know any code. At ALL. If there is no Video out there then when I learn I'll create. That's my area of technique, not programming. 

Bob

The dangerous PHP functions and public display of errors message are things your host should address. If they can’t, it’s not the end of the world… but they help to protect your community more.  It won’t break your site however if they can’t be implemented. 

Running of maintenance tasks is important however. If your site traffic is not big enough to run it, I would work with your host to see if they can run the recommended cron job. 

> I would work with your host to see if they can run the recommended cron job. <<
Isn't cron turned on in my settings?

My site has been fixed. They did come back, my provided, and get it. I will contact them about cron. My Admin Notifications mention turning something off until mourning.  Is that still important since it is kind of mourning and also no real activity? Thanks again for the response.

Bob

Edited by Bob Snow