Requirement for moderated posts

Jac D
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I have a newly created forum and have a few newbie questions.

1) Right now, new subscribers have to have their first 5 posts reviewed/approved before they appear.  There must be a setting for that number but I'll be danged if I can find it. I'd like to reduce that number to moderators having to approve the new subscriber's first post ONLY before they have free range on my community.  I've looked in the documentation but I must be overlooking where that setting is.  Also, is there a negative to setting that number to zero and allowing new users to subscribe and start posting immediately, without a moderator approving his/her first comment or two?

2) Currently, when a new subscriber goes to post his first comment, as he's typing out that comment he's seeing a message above that reads "Your post most be approved by a moderator"  or something very close to that. I'd like to change the language of that message to something a bit friendlier. I'd also like that message to appear AFTER the new subscriber submits his comment, not before or as he's typing it out. Is there a way to change that? 

I don't know if anybody cares but here's the forum.

https://forum.tracesoftexas.com/

Thanks!

1. It’s a membergroup setting. ACP → Members → Group → [Group name] → Content.

I wouldn’t set to zero for free accounts anyone could create. That would be used for spam all the time. For a paid membership it probably is no problem. 

2. You can’t easily change the way messages appear. But you can easily change the content of every language string by going to Customization → Languages. 

Thanks for the fast reply, OpenType.

I have been looking at ACP → Members → Group → [Group name] → Content

For awhile. Here is what I see. 

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Which of these do I need to configure so that, after their first post is approved, they're able to post without me having to approve the second one?

• Solution

You have your Spam Defense set to require moderator approval for individuals who are level 1. This is not recommended as level 1 states that this user is not a spammer. Allowing them to register normally would be recommended.

This is managed in ACP -> Members -> Spam Prevention -> Spam Defense tab.

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

You have your Spam Defense set to require moderator approval for individuals who are level 1. This is not recommended as level 1 states that this user is not a spammer. Allowing them to register normally would be recommended.

This is managed in ACP -> Members -> Spam Prevention -> Spam Defense tab.

That was it.  Thanks, Jim M!