how do I get this to go away?

6 hours ago, Luuuk said:

As pointed in your other topic the line comes from Kitchen Sink. The matching plugin's options should be "Set a limit on the Number of Attachments per Post" + "Number of Attachments Allowed Per-Post":

I asked again, because Kitchen sink Author says this is not from his application.
Actually I did update kitchen sink setting (as you describe) to say 25, it worked in the forums but not on status updates. (my screen shot above is status updates)

In a default/vanilla version of IPB, there is no concept of a maximum number of attachments.  

Could contain: Page, Text, File

You might want to try turning off Kitchen Sink for a few minutes to see if it goes away when it's disabled.  If so, that's your problem.  If not, you might want to go back and disable ALL 3rd party resources and then turn them on one by one until you find the culprit.  

AcTuAlLy... yes, the 1000 does come from me - never read your first post here. To get this to work I have to explicitly state an "unlimited" amount, which as Randy pointed out, is what attachments are anyways - unlimited. I just use a 1000. Since the "ask" eons ago was for limiting forum post attachments, that's all that gets limited (and everything else is "limited" to 1000).

Pretty sure everything would simultaneously melt and freeze if someone threw a 1000 attachments at an editor. If you did them a handful at a time it might work, not sure about the post save part though.