Move forum to new host and having issue with the admin

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hello all in dire need of some assistance. 

Move my invision board to a new host. The forum seems to be working fine. I am able to log in etc.

When I go to log into the admin I get the error below in the console. Any ideas how to fix this?

Could contain: File, Webpage

I had posted this here but they suggested I should post here. 

Have this in the log (I replace specific name with mysite)

[24-Feb-2023 13:22:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class "IPS\Http\Url\Friendly" not found in /home/mysite/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url.php:279
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Request/Request.php(276): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString()
#1 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Log/Log.php(106): IPS\_Request->url()
#2 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url.php on line 279

2 hours ago, eliteone said:

Have this in the log (I replace specific name with mysite)

[24-Feb-2023 13:22:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class "IPS\Http\Url\Friendly" not found in /home/mysite/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url.php:279
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Request/Request.php(276): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString()
#1 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Log/Log.php(106): IPS\_Request->url()
#2 /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/nolfg152/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url.php on line 279

This error means you are missing at least 1 file on your new server: /home/mysite/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url/Friendly.php.

Verify the file exists and has the proper permissions, and if it doesn't, copy it from the old server. You might have more missing though, copying over again all the files would be a good idea. Or, if you are on version 4.7.7, download a new zip file with all the suite files from your client area and upload the files directly from it.

Edited by teraßyte

48 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

This error means you are missing at least 1 file on your new server: /home/mysite/public_html/mysite/forums/system/Http/Url/Friendly.php.

Verify the file exists and has the proper permissions, and if it doesn't, copy it from the old server. You might have more missing though, copying over again all the files would be a good idea. Or, if you are on version 4.7.7, download a new zip file with all the suite files from your client area and upload the files directly from it.

The forum was on 4.76 when I moved it. Would copying the files over from 4.77 download still work? 

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

You would want to upload ALL 4.7.7 files. Don’t mix/match. After you upload the 4.7.7 files, go to yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade to manually upgrade to the latest version. 🙂 

You called it. It worked after running the upgrade per your post.  Thanks! 😎

Edited by eliteone

On 2/24/2023 at 11:38 PM, Gary said:

Thanks everyone for your help.

Glad you're up and running now, @eliteone. If you have any issues with Invision Community, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.

Thank you. One minor thing, maybe you have the easy answer or someone else does. I used to have a .htaccess file for my admin directory. I had to remove it on the new host. How do I go about making a new one in IPB 4.7?

1 hour ago, ThunderBlue said:

Hi. Are you looking for this?

Admincp/system/search engine optimizzation/friendly urls/rewrite urls

6xH6fFk.png

Wasn't that.  Before I moved the forum when one went to the admin console you were presented with this. You had to know the username password for this which was stored in a .htaccess file in the admin folder. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

Afterwards you could log into the admin console.