Subscription "How To"?

Is there a guide on how to set up subscriptions for users? I "sort of" set up one on my test install but when I went to login as a user it said I needed to subscribe but then threw an error for making a payment? Also how do I add users that have already paid a "donation" recently without enabling the subscriptions and blocking their access as once enabled everyone is blocked until they pay? I do see how to add users once the subscriptions are enabled but how to do that before enabling?

Thanks for any help!

14 hours ago, Genestoy said:

but then threw an error for making a payment?

Do you have payment methods setup? Are they setup for the country your billing address is in? Is there a specific error?

Also how do I add users that have already paid a "donation" recently without enabling the subscriptions and blocking their access as once enabled everyone is blocked until they pay?

You would want to go to ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> click the + button on the subscription to add them manually. You can also add an invoice to their profile and zero out the charge with a miscellaneous negative charge.

I do see how to add users once the subscriptions are enabled but how to do that before enabling?

I'm not sure what you mean. You would need to first create the subscription before you can add someone to it.