when trying to upgrade PHP - community stops working

Thank you Adriano,

I have only standard plugins enabled, but disabling them does not resolve the problem.

My community 4.6.9  works with PHP versions from 7.1 to 7.4, but with PHP versions enbaled  that are > 7.4 or < 7.1 I receive 505 error

In Admin notifications I have those messages (below). But I'm not sure these can pose a problem with PHP upgrade:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Letter

Could contain: Page, Text

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on what hosting you are using, many times in a PHP upgrade certain required (or needed) PHP PECL's are not installed.

You need to check to make sure that the PECL's on your current PHP install are present on your new PHP install.

In addition, you need to make sure that any of your add-ons are compliant with the PHP version you are using.  It is not unheard of (either with IPS or other scripts) that a PHP upgrade can cause issues with the PHP version.

On 2/23/2023 at 4:03 PM, Dimitri Kusteiko said:

Thank you Adriano,

I have only standard plugins enabled, but disabling them does not resolve the problem.

My community 4.6.9  works with PHP versions from 7.1 to 7.4, but with PHP versions enbaled  that are > 7.4 or < 7.1 I receive 505 error

In Admin notifications I have those messages (below). But I'm not sure these can pose a problem with PHP upgrade:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Letter

Could contain: Page, Text

Couple of things here.  Without being able to see your PHP configs, I'm going to guess that they don't match from one version to the next.  If you are using WHM/CPanel or some other control panel, you should be able to look through your PHP config on a version that works, print out all the PHP extensions it is loading and then make sure the 8.x versions have those extensions installed too.

You'll want to make sure you include the same "Disabled PHP functions" line from the older versions of PHP as well.

When you're done all of that and your site is running on PHP 8+, you'll need to go into your crontask and update the php version on the command line.