Sharing Video in Forums

I am looking for suggestions on how Invision recommends/supports video sharing in their forums. Obviously youtube and vimeo are options. I tried to use this to set up Facebook and Instagram so they can share from those platforms also, but the info seems outdated. My community needs as many options as possible to share videos or they would prefer to chat on social media instead of my Forum. Your suggestions are appreciated as I am trying to keep them in my membership where I can manage/organize/ and direct flow better. Thank you! 🙂

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Oembed was not offered as an option in any of their app creation selections. As you can imagine I am just trying to eliminate as many barriers as possible to my members posting videos. The more steps it takes the more barriers, and the less participation. Hence their love of FB groups which is not where I want them to be 😞 If all they have to do is share a link and the same video plays within the forum (not off the platform) the better. Since Invision cant host the videos I'm trying to easily bring in all those platforms that do so they play here. I'm not a developer so trying my best to navigate the barriers with the guides here and my web designers guidance 🙂 I appreciate the assistance.

I agree with @BHeidenreich66, there is a huge opportunity for better video integration within IPS and it's a massive demand of every niche's user base that could close the gap with social media platforms like FB.  I too heavily compete with FB groups, and unfortunately FB dominates the "sharing" aspect.  It's not even that IPS needs to host video (most site owners don't want to incur the storage cost), IPS just needs to provide a better workflow for leveraging existing video sites (which can also be monetized/shared/etc).

It's what prompted my enhancement request submitted a year ago now to address this very thing.

Thanks for sharing your post and experiences @Clover13. It is nice to hear that others are thinking the same way. My niche is very video reliant. We just did a challenge utilizing facebook groups to bring in clients which was very succesful. EVERY participant posted video clips of their work. Now I want to work on membership retention which means moving everything over to IPB but I can't realistically offer the same video experience they had in FB groups at the moment. So I am trying to give the best "work around" solution I can offer before I launch my retention challenge.

As mentioned, I am not a developer. I have no idea what a scope is or how to add one 😞 I followed the steps on the link I shared above. First it takes me to the attached page. I tried all of the options provided. None had the Oembed option. I only see these options as products I could add to the app. I am not sure if that is what you mean? I have kind of added without attempting to test IG and FB logins to the app I created. I have not tried to connect anything to my site.

Could contain: Page, Text

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Business Card, Paper