Check Program?

I can't find the program for checking when installing a new ISP_51de8. Also, the instructions are a bit vag. Do I need to set up a database, or is it done within the program?

Here is what I have done so far I have Installed PHP 8.2.3. It does have MSQL not sure of the version. My host is SiteGround, self-host.
I  moved the files from the ISP_51de8 folder into the folder public_html. I then get an error when logging into www.home2000.com, 404.

Is there anything I have to edit in any files?
Do I need to create database files?

Lastly, I would like to have the check file and knowledge on using it. The documentation in the manual was a bit confusing to me.

Bob

Edited by Bob Snow

For the 404 error, please ensure that the admin and sub-folder install are present along with all files in the download. If they are, please contact your hosting provider to ensure that you do not have anything blocking that folder which would result in the 404.

You would need to create the database and database user before hand on your hosting. Note down how to connect, the database name, user, and password.

PHP 8.2 is not yet supported. You will need to use PHP 8.0 or 8.1.

You can see the requirement checker here: 

I did go into Public_html and found php_errorlog. I did a right-click and found this code:

[16-Feb-2023 02:40:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Dispatcher' not found in /home/customer/www/home2000.com/public_html/init.php:1026
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/customer/www/home2000.com/public_html/init.php on line 1026 

Did the ips4.php file create this php_errorlog file, somehow running automatically in the background? Sorry for all the trouble, but I'm at a loss, as usual.

Bob

PS Does it matter if the ips_51de8 files are in the public_html folder or not?

Edited by Bob Snow

9 minutes ago, Bob Snow said:

I did go into Public_html and found php_errorlog. I did a right-click and found this code:

[16-Feb-2023 02:40:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Dispatcher' not found in /home/customer/www/home2000.com/public_html/init.php:1026
Stack trace:
#1 {main}

Did the ips4.php file create this php_errorlog file, somehow running automatically in the background? Sorry for all the trouble, but I'm at a loss, as usual.

Would likely be from trying to run the software without all files present.

9 minutes ago, Bob Snow said:

PS Does it matter if the ips_51de8 files are in the public_html folder or not?

We have no restrictions other than, it cannot live in the same folder as another application, such as WordPress, as they will clash.

So then If I put the ips4.php file into the public_html folder it runs somehow automatically and creates the file php_errorlog file.

If all is OK will I still find the php_errorlog file?
Will it be blank or have a message similar to Good to go?
Bob

Now I Got it. But what makes it execute?

What is the error code telling me?

Stack trace:
#1 {main}

Bob

1 minute ago, Bob Snow said:

Now I Got it. But what makes it execute?

You viewing it in your browser 🙂 . PHP will only execute when you view a resource or if there is a cron task on your server executing it.

1 minute ago, Bob Snow said:

What is the error code telling me?

Stack trace:
#1 {main}

You are missing a file and trying to run our full software (not the ips4.php file).

Jim,  I have gained a tremendous deal of needed knowledge in regard to this process.  I am very thankful for the time you took to bring me to the point I'm at. I have no further questions. You have covered it 100%.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I had a black bar that came across the lower part of my monitor in regards to this message asking me if I wanted to see this message. I have never had that before. Is it by chance a function within the InVision community, on your end? It is controlled by something I might have done. I love the feature. I just don't know what initiated it. But fortunately, I'm now aware of it.

Bob

1 hour ago, Bob Snow said:

Jim,  I have gained a tremendous deal of needed knowledge in regard to this process.  I am very thankful for the time you took to bring me to the point I'm at. I have no further questions. You have covered it 100%.

You're very welcome!

1 hour ago, Bob Snow said:

Actually, that's not entirely true. I had a black bar that came across the lower part of my monitor in regards to this message asking me if I wanted to see this message. I have never had that before. Is it by chance a function within the InVision community, on your end? It is controlled by something I might have done. I love the feature. I just don't know what initiated it. But fortunately, I'm now aware of it.

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean here. If you can copy the message here or screenshot, I may be able to assist.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You're very welcome!

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean here. If you can copy the message here or screenshot, I may be able to assist.

Jim,

I think he means the feature that notifies you if another reply was added while you were already viewing the topic. If so, it’s done by the software automatically in the background checking for new content in the threads you’re viewing.