Delete original uploaded image

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hello, 

I'm running a self hosted community for a while now (https://forum.bjbikers.com/) and I am looking into how forum is handling image uploads, since my forum members are running out of storage quota.

My forum instance is using ImageMagick for compressing uploaded images and it is working just fine, meaning that compressed images (.thumb. files) are much smaller in filesize and the forum is using those ones instead of the original files inside posts and topics. 

However, what I am seeing is that even though the forum is using the compressed image, original is still kept and also the filesize of the original image is counted against the user quota. Why is that?

Is there a way to configure the forum so that after it creates a compressed version of the uploaded image, it:

1) removes the original file,

2) uses the filesize of the compressed image against the user quota?

Thanks!

Edited by Pablo BJB

Hmm yes, that seems to be the culprit. I had the unlimited option checked for the maximum allowed dimensions, while I had a 1000x750 dimension for the display image.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

I've changed the maximum dimensions and now original is not saved. Also the filesize of the resized image is calculated in the user storage quota. 

Thanks, guys!

BTW, is there an option to reprocess existing images?