Support on changing domains

jgk

Hi,

We are looking to move the our domain to a subfolder of a new domain. When we had previously contacted support, it was indicated that if we were to continue using the hosted service we would have to choose between a top level domain or a subdomain. Assuming this is still the case, then there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask, which I haven't been able to find on the invision community forum or other research.

Are we able to change how anchor links build their href? For example, we would like to switch to using root relative anchors (i.e. excluding the domain) from any anchor that is rendered on the platform.

Secondly, we would like to be able to specify redirect rules for incoming traffic using either a .htaccess file or any other mechanism available.

Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, jgk said:

Assuming this is still the case, then there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask, which I haven't been able to find on the invision community forum or other research.

Yes, this is indeed the case

9 hours ago, jgk said:

Are we able to change how anchor links build their href? For example, we would like to switch to using root relative anchors (i.e. excluding the domain) from any anchor that is rendered on the platform.

There is no way in which to do this. Could I ask why you would need to? Maybe if we can understand what you are trying to achieve, we can advise further, even if that happens to be to tell you its not possible.

9 hours ago, jgk said:

Secondly, we would like to be able to specify redirect rules for incoming traffic using either a .htaccess file or any other mechanism available.

There is no way in which to redirect different users to different locations within the default platform, and we would not be able to do this on cloud via redirect. 

We feel strongly about having our site on a subfolder rather than a subdomain. Given this in mind we were going to setup a reverse proxy to do it. As we wanted our domain to change as well, we were going to use the reverse proxy in combination with 301 redirects from anything on our current domain. 

So our thought was having a .htaccess for the redirects. In addition, if we could change all anchor tags and other links to be root relative then we believe it would be technically achievable.

Given our end-goal is to have the platform on a subfolder of our primary domain, are there alternative paths you could suggest to achieve this?

Thanks again