MFA (2FA) login error after forums migration

Hello folks,

The forums was installed at subdomain (abc.xyz.com) with 2FA activated which was working fine. Recently, I migrated the forums to the root (xyz.com); the migration was successful, however was not able to login (as an Admin to AdminCP/frontend; or the members at frontend) due to the 2FA problem. I believe that perhaps the 2FA stored data is somehow not ported during the migration; even though I and other Admins and members entered their security question/answer correctly.

Next, I turned OFF the MFA settings from init.php file; tried to login to the AdminCP, and this time was not presented with the 2FA page and was able to get in the AdminCP.

Then, inside the AdminCP, I went to Members profile and updated my security question/answer and saved it; then logged out. Next, I turned ON the MFA settings in the init.php file. Then, I logged in the AdminCP and entered the same 2FA security question/answer and was able to get in without an issue.

Since this episode for login with 2FA cannot be repeated for every hundreds of members, I have turned off the 2FA from AdminCP to avoid members complaining they can't login. But I really want to enable the 2FA for everyone back like it was before migration.

What is the possible cause for this error (as everything during the migration went fine and the forums is online now)? Any help will be appreciated.

Note: In order to pull IPS Support team for diagnostics, I logged in to the client area for raising a ticket, but was surprised to know that: Your current plan (self-hosted) does not include email support. All I have to post the issue here. Anyone from IPS team can tell what is the procedure to get the email support/ticket system service back? I can't see any option in the client area to subscribe to it.

Kim

13 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

Note: In order to pull IPS Support team for diagnostics, I logged in to the client area for raising a ticket, but was surprised to know that: Your current plan (self-hosted) does not include email support. All I have to post the issue here. Anyone from IPS team can tell what is the procedure to get the email support/ticket system service back? I can't see any option in the client area to subscribe to it.

Support has been migrated to these forums.  IPS staff participate and provide support here.  

If there is something advanced, the team has the ability to move the request to a ticket.  Basically things start here.  If it can't be finished here, the staff will move it to a ticket for you.  🙂