Wrong info - Fresh new installed community

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello, i have a problem, i just reinstalled the platform from 0, and i saw some problems during configuration

When i try to visit activity, wrong aspect for content, on every template, including the default one! Eg : https://zerohp.ro/index.php?/discover

When i go to some profiles, same problem! Eg : https://zerohp.ro/index.php?/profile/1-admin/

I repeat, it's fresh new installed platform, i unninstalled the plugins and aplications and same problem! Do you have any ideea?

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

Are you stating content is present where it shouldn't be? Did you install into the same database without fully removing the data?

Mysql base is instaled fresh, and yes the content it's present, where it shouldn't be!

Everything it's installed fresh!

Edited by Billy@ZeroHP

You mentioned that you created a new database and such.  Have you confirmed that that new database is being used in your conf_global.php file?  

If you want to make sure it's fully reset and you're starting completely from scratch...  drop the mySQL database and create a new one.  Delete all files related to IPB from your website.  Upload a fresh set of files from your client area.  

Then run the installer fresh.  You should have a fresh/vanilla install.

Edited by Randy Calvert

30 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, that would indicate it was not fully deleted before installing. 

I said that the whole community is reinstalled from 0: New database, new folder, including the cpanel was reinstalled from 0 to avoid problems. So everything is clean, from 0. How can you say it wasn't deleted even if everything was done from scratch, personally by me.

1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

You mentioned that you created a new database and such.  Have you confirmed that that new database is being used in your conf_global.php file?  

Even the cpanel was reseted from scratch!

7 minutes ago, Billy@ZeroHP said:

Even the cpanel was reseted from scratch!

If you simply created a new database, that does not reset everything.  My guess is your conf_global.php file is still pointing to an old database instead of your new one.  

If I was you...  I would 100% delete the database (drop it from within cPanel...  don't just create a new one).  Delete ALL of the files from your public_html.  

Upload a fresh set of files.  Don't just use the files that were there previously and attempt to install it again over itself. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

8 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you simply created a new database, that does not reset everything.  My guess is your conf_global.php file is still pointing to an old database instead of your new one.  

If I was you...  I would 100% delete the database (drop it from within cPanel...  don't just create a new one).  Delete ALL of the files from your public_html.  

Upload a fresh set of files.  Don't just use the files that were there previously and attempt to install it again over itself. 

Am i speaking chinese? When i told you cpanel was reseted from 0, files installed from 0, database installed from 0.

1.Reinstaled completly cpanel

2.Installed community again, from 0

3.Created new database, new user

Please read what i wrote!

You might want to check with your hosting provider then.  It sounds like a problem on their side.  If you 100% fully deleted everything, it's IMPOSSIBLE for the content to exist on a new install.  It does not exist in the default system files that you upload.  

Again, if you are 100% confident you actually DELETED everything...  it's a problem your host would need to assist with.  

4 minutes ago, Billy@ZeroHP said:

Am i speaking chinese

I understand this is frustrating but let’s please not put that towards those trying to assist you.

While I understand you are stating you started over completely, the results show something else so if there is anything part of this intact, you may wish to simplify that, eg any caching.

Check with your hosting provider and if you want us to give a look at what is happening, we can but would require updated access details  

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

I understand this is frustrating but let’s please not put that towards those trying to assist you.

While I understand you are stating you started over completely, the results show something else so if there is anything part of this intact, you may wish to simplify that, eg any caching.

Check with your hosting provider and if you want us to give a look at what is happening, we can but would require updated access details  

Hosting provider said, on their side it's everything fine, and told us to contact you again.

I updated the informations, you can log in now!

1 hour ago, Billy@ZeroHP said:

Hosting provider said, on their side it's everything fine, and told us to contact you again.

I updated the informations, you can log in now!

Sorry, the FTP access details are incorrect. Please verify and update.

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I believe there is some confusion here. Are you referring to this issue? If not, we will need further information on what exactly is being seen.

Could contain: Night, Outdoors, Nature

That's just 1 problem.

You have a problem on mobile version too, the date of topics are out of the box.

Profile information wrong aspect!

Much more!

Could contain: File, WebpageCould contain: File, Webpage, Text, Page, Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics

• Solution

Thank you for clarifying your issue. This is due to your custom group formatting HTML did not have a correct closing HTML tag. Each opening HTML tag needs to have a corresponding closing tag.

The group for "Fondator" opened with "<span>" but was closed by "</strong>" thus causing all sorts of havoc on your layouts. 

As a courtesy, I have corrected that for you now. In the future, please ensure that you remove these customizations if you're having problems and work with the individual who created them for you.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:12 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I believe there is some confusion here. Are you referring to this issue? If not, we will need further information on what exactly is being seen.

Could contain: Night, Outdoors, Nature

Quick heads up here, they are using on groups custom html with gradients and such, when used, on profile the first post will appear like this, even when you change a photo it will break it as well. This is actually a known issue since 4.0.x but didn't get fixed in any of the updates.

Example: 
<span style="-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;-webkit-background-clip: text;font-weight: bold;background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg,  #cc0000  10%, #ff0000);"> Group Name </span>

This is another bug when you change the photo and you have these styles in your group.
Could contain: File, Webpage

Even though is closed correctly it's like it removes that </span> before the group and also some characters, there is something fighting with it as you can see here. And again I will repeat myself, the tags in ACP in the group manager are closed 100% correctly but when rendered in HTML it brakes.
Could contain: Page, Text, File
Look closely top right, where the CSS Styles are, -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg changed their profile photo</span> <s... It's breaking the HTML, and I know that the group span styles are closed correctly.

Edited by drawncodes

17 minutes ago, drawncodes said:

Look closely top right, where the CSS Styles are, -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg changed their profile photo</span> <s... It's breaking the HTML, and I know that the group span styles are closed correctly.

The proper way would be to use classes. Put the CSS in the custom.css of the theme and use <span class="your-class-name"> </span> for the group styling.  

10 minutes ago, opentype said:

The proper way would be to use classes. Put the CSS in the custom.css of the theme and use <span class="your-class-name"> </span> for the group styling.  

I know what you mean, but it's pointless, when you use classes you'll need to add the styles on each template you got, and in AdminCP those styles are not visible, that's why I use and used style so I can see the styles even in ACP.

There is 100% something wrong in the source code when changing avatars and having "linear-gradient" as styles on the group. It's fixable, I have fixed it over 100 times on different templates.

This is where the bug is Could contain: File

{html|raw} something is wrong in there.

@Jim M please talk to the dev team to debug it, you'll see that I'm right. I am also more than happy to help if needed/required.

Edited by drawncodes

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

While I appreciate the assistance there, as Jim mentioned this was not a bug in the software in any way. It was incomplete html

I understand, but even if you are doing it correctly as I have it correctly it will still look terrible on the things I've mentioned above.

7 hours ago, drawncodes said:

I understand, but even if you are doing it correctly as I have it correctly it will still look terrible on the things I've mentioned above.

I would advise using classes as opentype suggested, it seems something in your inline styles is not escaped correctly and causing things to run together. You can add this styling to your custom.css which is loaded on every page. You do not need to add this to all templates 🙂 .

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I would advise using classes as opentype suggested, it seems something in your inline styles is not escaped correctly and causing things to run together. You can add this styling to your custom.css which is loaded on every page. You do not need to add this to all templates 🙂 .

I think they meant "all themes" rather than "all templates". You have to add the CSS class in every theme's custom.css file.