Suggestion: Enhance Event management to include plus N attendees in RSVP

Clover13

Often times, we have Events whereas the member will RSVP but may bring a guest or several guests.  It would be a huge benefit to have a plus N capability with Event RSVP to get accurate counts and manage capacity.  This is really a big gap in how we can effectively manage our Events through the IPS Event Calendar.

30 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I know you're suggesting this for the Events but this is a feature for several years now in Events Enhancements app:

915028820_Screenshot1.PNG.e9dc301e412b5e

I'll leave the link for those who don't want to wait for the addition:

👍

Very nice @Adriano Faria!   Does the Add/Remove Attendee option allow for adding a non-member?  In my case, not all members plus Ns will be members of the site.  Also, can a member Add/Remove an addition Attendee or only a mod/admin can perform this action?

Edited by Clover13

38 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

Does the Add/Remove Attendee option allow for adding a non-member?

No and I doubt IPS will do that. It requires a membership. 

39 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

Also, can a member Add/Remove an addition Attendee or only a mod/admin can perform this action?

It’s a new moderator permission so only moderators. 

15 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No and I doubt IPS will do that. It requires a membership. 

It’s a new moderator permission so only moderators. 

OK, yeah it's not that I need a Guest to have access to add themselves, but I need a Member to RSVP + N (i.e. themself and whoever they may be bringing).  Example is a dinner, the member is coming and bringing their wife and 2 kids, so an RSVP of the member + 3.  It wouldn't be reasonable to have the member's wife and 2 kids each create an account just to RSVP.  But it is very important to get an accurate RSVP count for capacity planning.

Edited by Clover13