Best way to get rid of www?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Our forum is www.ourdomain.com and I'd like to get rid of the www in the address bar so it's just ourdomain.com. I tried using the change licensed URL button in the client area, and it said it was reset and to enter the license key into the forum, but the forum wouldn't let me enter the license key again, and the client area shows the domain with the www again already. I tried using .htaccess to redirect anyone who visited www.ourdomain.com to ourdomain.com, but the forum just tries to redirect them back to www and it causes a 500 error from too many redirects.

16 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

You need to edit your conf_global.php to change your board URL.  Afterwards you may need to go to the support section of your ACP and clear your system cache so that the new address is picked up within the cached system files. 

That worked perfectly! It's been 18 years since this forum was set up and it's been on that same domain the whole time too so I forgot about conf_global.php file. I was just looking around in the admin section for a URL. After the change some of the images were showing up as boxes, but clearing the system cache fixed that. I added the redirect in .htaccess to remove the www, and everything seems to be working now. Thank you so much.