Mail configuration

Hi
I need help configuring the mail for my ingoing/outgoing mails.
I have a working mailbox i have created in a separate domain from my form - this mailbox is working fine and can send and receive mail from everywhere.
Trying to attach this mailbox to my forum, but I am missing something because i am getting this error: (I am using the password that i log into the mailbox).

Maybe my mail box doesn't configure properly?

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Text

Edited by LiveG

This is a configuration issue.  I'm almost willing to bet it's an issue with the SMTP Protocol and/or port.  Most mail servers today don't allow "Standard/Plaintext Authentication" for example.  Many other servers also require different ports outside of 25...  for example with Google, the port would be 587.

IPB can only submit a request to your mail server.  It does not control the response from it.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

3 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

By the way...  I use Amazon's SES to send email via SMTP.  In order to connect to it, you have to use TLS as the protocol and 587 as the port.  But that can vary from provider to provider.  That's why you may need to check with your hosting provider to see what settings they require.  

Sound great. Is it a free service? 

our last mail works fine.

seems our last domain itself was blocked due to "low reputation". Unless we were hacked (would be difficult, since the SMTP is password-protected), it's most likely due to too many messages from the forums software being marked as spam.