Chat or messaging capbility real time within Invision?

14 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

Can you bring a little more light on this. How will it work? I understand that this feature will only be available to Cloud customers? 🙄

Yes, a cloud feature. Based on what has been said previously in the video sessions… users would be able to comment/chat during a live event. Afterwards it would show as a forum topic so the conversation can continue. 

It sounds something like a Facebook livestream where users comment/chat during a stream, but afterwards it’s turned into a forum thread with all of the messages being made replies. 

I’ve not seen it first hand. Only describing what I’ve heard about it so far. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

10 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

Can you bring a little more light on this. How will it work? I understand that this feature will only be available to Cloud customers? 🙄

There is nothing more I can provide at this time other than what @Marc Stridgen has posted above.

More information will be available soon though, I promise. I think you will all love Live Topics. 😉

That bad news start to be normal for self hosting customers. I hope these issue as "Only for cloud customers" change, as now IPS software have like 4 or something features only dedicated to IPS cloud customers, that not good.

Please @Matt reconsider these "business" decision you been doing for some years now.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

It's not what you want to hear, but there are features that cannot be offered to self-hosted clients. Plain and simple.

Fully understand that. Simply the message here, for self-hosting client, that as future come, you will have less and less  features software.

No need to reply back Gary, now I am sure we need to look for another software for our forum software. Thanks.

Not necessarily. We aren't taking things away from the product suite for self-hosted clients. Everyone still has equal access to Forums, Gallery, Blogs, etc.

As has been mentioned numerous times, we don't neglect self-hosted clients. The reality is that some features require certain technologies, and it is much better catered for on our Cloud platform. Those on a self-hosted plan unfortunately cannot take advantage of these features, but you still have access to everything else so I'm not sure where the loss is. You need to have something and it taken away from you for it to be lost; Cloud-only features were never available to self-hosted clients.

It sucks to hear that, but I wish you all the best with your community.