IIS page displayed - no IIS on server

Hi all,

I have installed a test install and it's running fine on the local server, when accessing it not directly on the server, however on the same domain network, going to the subdomain displays an IIS page with all different languages, but if I add "index.php" onto the end of the address, it displays the website.

I'm confused why going onto the same domain (without index.php) on the local server works fine but not otherwise. I'm wondering if I can force index.php on the end of the address when initially going onto the domain - but also keeping the friendly-urls enabled.

Current HTACCESS file is straight from the IPS created file.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map|webp)(\?|$) /404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

We do have the same issue with our current live website (locally accessed only) but we manually forced all browsers to open the homepage including the index.php. I was just hoping I can resolve it without that step due to being an inconvenience to add it for everyone. (aware of Group Policy, but our users are mostly off-site so it depends when they connect to VPN).

EDIT: Hosted on Windows 2019 - Aware support is for Linux, but thought I'm sure it's an easy task to resolve for those who have experience with Apache 🙂

Edited by Koyakami