Step 2: Unfinished Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

19 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please check your server error logs to see what the error itself is. As thats an internal server error, it would be stored in your servers error logs

Hi Marc-

I actually work in IT however I am fairly new to CPanel and Invision. I actually stepped up and took over as administrator for my forum community as the original admin took a leave of absence. 

Would I go into Cpanel to see the server logs or Invision admin panel?

• 1 month later...

After reviewing the error logs, it states an issue with videobox+. We uninstalled videobox+ then reattempted the upgrade and it got stuck again.

Last week, I turned off ALL customization on our website and tried it again and still failed.

What else can I try? 

I am trying to upgrade from version 4.6.9 to 4.7.8 (Current version).

On 3/21/2023 at 6:07 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Your site actually appears to be online at present. Have you reverted, or managed to correct the problem?

Hi @Marc Stridgen I restored the website from a backup, so the website is currently online; however, we are still on version 4.6.9. The reason we are trying to upgrade is because we are having intermittent issues with the forum threads when users try to access them; however, if they refresh then they are able to see the forum section. The other issue is the calendar doesn't work at all anymore. Both issues are related to the following error.

Error: Call to undefined method DateTime::getDateInformation() (0) #0

The first thing that is always asked when troubleshooting an issue is are on the latest version which we are not so that is what I have been trying to do is get our website up to the latest version which is 4.7.8 but I can't even get the new version installed as the still gets hung up somewhere.

Namecheap/Cpanel is collecting the logs for me now. I will have them run the Invision community requirements checker as @Randy Calvert recommended.

@Randy Calvert You're right. It might help if I post the error logs. lol

I'll post back here shortly once I have all the information collected.

Thank you for all your support so far.

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 5:33 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I would suggest trying the upgrade again first of all., and if you get stuck, leave it where it is so we can take a look and see what is going on

Hi @Marc Stridgen

I have started the upgrade again as you requested.

Please look at your earliest convenience. 

Thank you

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

16 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

@Marc Stridgen I will check the stored access information to make sure it is correct.

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Before we continue with this, please try the upgrade again, and disable all 3rd party applications before you begin. We believe this is an issue with a 3rd party application

I already beat you to the punch on this one. 🙂 I disabled all 3rd party applications back in March but that didn't do anything. The update still got hung up somewhere.

18 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

@Marc Stridgen Go ahead and try it again. The access should be working now.

17 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you test an upgrade to the latest 4.7.11 version. We have made some changes there which should prevent this occurence. 

@Marc Stridgen Whatever you did fixed the issue. My community has been upgraded successfully. THANK YOU

Question- We use to have a menu called Calendar but I don't see that anymore. Was it renamed to Event by chance?