Upgrade Error with corrupt ultraviocore_theme_templates and Incorrect Key File error message

Go to solution Solved by annedi,

I switched to PHP 8.0 and initiated the upgrade. Something went wrong and now there is a corrupt database table ultraviocore_theme_templates. This table also generates the error message incorrect key file for table 'ultravioletcore_theme_templates'. Selecting that table and running repair table fails.

What do I do now?

After the first attempted upgrade, I had our host, Site5, restore the DB from a backup. But when I ran the upgrade (for the 2nd time), the same corruption occurred with the "incorrect key file" error message.

There seems to be no point in another restoration and a 3rd upgrade attempt.

FWIW, my website is currently running just fine except that the Default Theme is not useable. The tweaked Themes I created are running just fine.

Is there a way for me to recreate the corrupt table and add a key or index (or whatever) to it?

Incorrect key file is an issue with your MySQL server that would need to be resolved. Typically happens when your tmp directory is too small for MySQL. However, this would be for your hosting provider to investigate and resolve.

We can provide you the schema of that table but as that table holds data about themes, you would lose all data on those themes.

Currently there seems to be no data in that table.

OK, I will check on the tmp directory size. Would you happen to know which tmp directory?  Is it a tmp file in the Invision installation? Or is it a tmp file on the hosting server?

Thank you.

Edited by annedi

Just now, annedi said:

Currently there seems to be no data in that table.

OK, I will check on the tmp directory size. Would you happen to know which tmp directory?  Is it a tmp file in the Invision installation? Or is it a tmp file on the hosting server?

Thank you.

Sorry, this would be something you would need to investigate with your hosting provider or server administrator. Hosting support is outside our scope of support.

And so.....

The Site5 server people say that there is plenty of space in our account. And I specifically told them TMP space was the issue (like you all said).

We are set to PHP 8.0 and Mysql 5.6.

I cannot take the website Offline thru the Admin interface. It just keeps running!

The Default Theme does not work correctly. The customized Themes (2) work just fine.

Attempting to Upgrade continues to fail.

SELECT *, INSTR(',3,1,0,', CONCAT(',',template_set_id,',') ) as theorder FROM `ultraviocore_theme_templates` AS `core_theme_templates` WHERE template_set_id IN (3,1,0) AND template_app IN ('forums') AND template_location IN ('front') AND template_group IN ('index') ORDER BY template_location, template_group, template_name, theorder desc
IPS\Db\Exception: Incorrect key file for table 'ultraviocore_theme_templates'; try to repair it (1034)
#0 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*ultravio_ipb:...', Array, true)
#1 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Db/Select.php(446): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(3566): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(2680): IPS\_Theme->getRawTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(845): IPS\_Theme->compileTemplates('forums', 'front', 'index')
#5 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(216): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('index')
#6 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->manage()
#7 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(52): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#9 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Edited by annedi

And here is another error.

TypeError: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, string given in /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php:694

Stack trace:
#0 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(694): array_keys('{"d0e70b4cbb9ab...')
#1 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(2131): IPS\_Theme->resource('/notifyIcons/', 'core', 'front', false)
#2 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_global->includeJS()
#3 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(1284): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('includeJS', Array)
#4 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->globalTemplate('b3f00ce7eb3dfd7...', '<span style='ba...', Array)
#5 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#6 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#7 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#8 /home3/ultravio/public_html/content/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Kindly, let me review - just in case it results in some new suggestions.

[hr]

My website was running fine with no system errors.
I ran the upgrade. It halted with errors.

Now I have a table, ultraviocore_theme_templates which is listed as a table but which has no data and no structure when I look at in phpAdmin. Repair table does not work on this table. 

My Admin interface is broken in part, and I cannot use the Offline button and some other features.

Surprisingly, my website keeps on running even with the customized Themes even though the damaged ultraviocore_theme_templates table has no data or no structure.

I have the array_keys() error experienced by others. (Error message in posts above.)

Checking with the hosting company gave these results:
PHP and Mysql are both up-to-date, and
we have plenty of space allotted to my website.

[hr]

Woo! This is all kinda goofy.

Yeah, I know, I will have ask the hosting server to restore us back to a week or so ago. We will lose some posts.

I think I will have to skip the upgrade for now.

Yes, lookiing at the DB via PhpAdmin, I see that there are a few tables which are Myisam and not innodb. (I probabIy inherited this website in that condition.)  I will update the Myisams to INNODB. 

When I go to Support in ACP, the Database block shows a spinning wheelie.

And so, I updated the few Myisam tables to INNODB.

Except this cannot be done for the broken table ultraviocore_theme_templates which is "in use" and does not permit any alterations.

Terabyte, good idea. I'll see if that can be done. Thanks.

And so.....

We rolled the DB back to 4 days before the upgrade snafu and I went back to PHP 7.4. Eventually I got the website running ok (had to clear caches, etc.) We did not lose too much data.

I have updated [added: for the 2nd time] any MyIsam table types to InnoDB.

I'm a little bit hesitant to try the upgrade for 3rd time!! 😬

While the upgrade crash is not exactly solved in the sense that anybody could tell me what happened, given that I'm up and running again please go ahead and close this topic (or whatever).

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions.😀

Andrea B.

Edited by annedi