Fatal error during update

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

Hello! And sorry for my English. 

I just upgraded my board to PHP 8, but the platform update gave me a fatal error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /home/usaonthe/domains/usaontheroad.it/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37\n

Now, my forum is not accessible by web but only by Tapatalk, so I can't reach neither the admin panel.

Could you help me?

• Solution

That error means at least one of your 3rd party applications or plugins is not compatible with PHP 8. Use RECOVERY MODE to disable them all:

Once you've done that login in ACP and see if you have any pending updates for your installed  modifications (there's a button you can use in the applications page).

After all updates are done look at your support page and see if you have any errors listed there that need to be fixed.

As a final step re-enable your modifications 1 by 1 and check each time if your site still works. Should the site stop working you have to go back and use recovery mode again, keep also note of which modification you enabled that made the site crash and take care of skipping it next time.

Edited by teraßyte