dumb question but how do I install 3rd party application/plugin updates from marketplace?

Hi,

Coming from 4.4 I am working on my test site for 4.7

I totally understand how to use ACP for fresh install of 3rd party plugins/apps.

But I am having trouble with updating existing ones.

I see (for example) that one of my applications has an available update.

I don't know how to install the update. The marketplace in the ACP wants me to do a fresh install by removing the existing version.

I don't want that, I just want to install a new version.

What am I missing?

46 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

When you upgrade from a version older than 4.5, you'll get prompted to complete a Marketplace set up process.

You should see an AdminCP notification for that, follow the instructions to match up your existing third party resources.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted.

One more NEWBIE question, if I used the prompt once but I want it to ask me again, how to I go back to the market setup screen?

7 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Setup is a one time only process.

Well shoot. I made a mistake and miss associated something. 😞

I guess I assumed I could come back and edit. There is really no way to fix that?

1 hour ago, SJ77 said:

Yes, the problem I am having now is it will say "update available" in the ACP but I have no way to update it

Could contain: Text

Once you press on that "Update Available" it will take you the Marketplace in your ACP. Make sure you are logged in from top right side. 

Could contain: Text

Then press on the update button.

4 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I have an "install" button

Then you don't have this app linked to the Marketplace. If you don't have any important data with this app, and you can reconfigure it again, remove it and reinstall it again. 

If you have important data with this app and you cannot remove it, send a PM and I will help you link it to the Marketplace.

Edited by Afrodude

2 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

Then you don't have this app linked to the Marketplace. If you don't have any important data with this app, and you can reconfigure it again, remove it and reinstall it again. 

If you have important data with this app and you cannot remove it, send a PM and I will help you link it to the Marketplace.

Thank you,

I was actually able to go back and get it linked to the market place. I pulled the trigger on the upgrade and now this LOL

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Business Card, Paper

LOL