Moved to InnoDB yesterday and no new accounts can be made

Hi,

I moved the site to a new Virtualmin server yesterday and all appears to be working, except users cannot update their profiles and no new users can register.

Yesterdays topic I made covers what query we ran to move to InnoDB https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471639-easiest-way-to-switch-all-tables-to-innodb/

I may need one of the team to login and see if they can fix this. System log shows that the site cannot insert or update member information.

INSERT INTO `WePhAz7c_core_members` ( `member_group_id`, `mgroup_others`, `joined`, `ip_address`, `timezone`, `allow_admin_mails`, `pp_photo_type`, `member_posts`, `last_visit`, `pp_main_photo`, `pp_thumb_photo`, `failed_logins`, `mfa_details`, `pp_reputation_points`, `signature`, `members_bitoptions`, `auto_track`, `name`, `members_seo_name`, `email`, `members_pass_hash`, `members_pass_salt`, `language`, `pp_setting_count_comments`, `completed`, `members_bitoptions2` ) VALUES ( 3, '', 1673970016, 'redacted', 'UTC', true, '', 0, 1673970016, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, '', 65536, '{"content":0,"comments":0,"method":"immediate"}', 'MadMaxtest', 'madmaxtest', 'removed', 'removed', NULL, 1, '0', true, 16777216 )

IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'twoStep_activation' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(941): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(428): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/getmango/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(566): IPS\_Member->save()
#4 /home/getmango/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(242): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember()
#5 /home/getmango/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(176): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#6 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}()
#7 /home/getmango/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(183): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#8 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#9 /home/getmango/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/getmango/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Setting the field to 0 appears to allow registration but I am unsure if this is the correct fix. @Matt maybe you might know or be able to get someone to check?

15 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Contact your host and ask them for assistance with disabling strict mode in MySQL/MariaDB

Luckily we host own server. Disable strict mode has fixed the issue 🙂

I noticed my IP in SQL post above so will have to see about getting that removed.

Edited by MadMaxMangos

• Management

twoStep_activation isn't a standard column, so I'm unsure what the default value is on that.

It might be easily fixed by editing core_members in PhpMyAdmin or similar to ensure the table column has a default value (such as NULL if it's a VARCHAR, or 0 if it's an INT).

Just now, Matt said:

twoStep_activation isn't a standard column, so I'm unsure what the default value is on that.

It might be easily fixed by editing core_members in PhpMyAdmin or similar to ensure the table column has a default value (such as NULL if it's a VARCHAR, or 0 if it's an INT).

I fixed it, it was InnoDB strict mode! Also can you edit my initial post to remove the field prefix and my IP from it as i cannot.