Can I use the "Articles" Page without categories but with tags instead?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I want to use "Articles" along with its database to start a blog. I have disabled categories because I would rather not have articles stuck inside a single category. 

Instead I would rather have tags, just like in my forum, so that a single article can have multiple tags. 

Is there a way to do that? 

For example if this were a food blog, the article "Apple pie" would get the tags "Fruits, Apple, Tarts, Desserts" and one could click on any of those tags to access all the articles that have that same tag. 

11 minutes ago, opentype said:

If you really want to connect multiple articles, have a look at the filter options. That can work better. But only for a smaller amount of known “tags” that are set up in the ACP as filter field. 

I'm not sure what you mean by filters. I searched and the only filters I find are cuss words that are replaced by (@#*&$* signs. Are there other kinds of filters? 

50 minutes ago, David N. said:

I have disabled categories because I would rather not have articles stuck inside a single category. 

Just a note: this is possible in Pages because regardless you have disabled categories, it still uses a dummy category. Tags and follow requires a container (category).

Of course, unless it has changed and I missed it.

You can set up custom fields for the database, e.g. a select box field, and then make the entries of that field filters on the front end. For a recipe database, you could have an “ingredients” filter, a “type of day” filter, a “country of origin” filter and then let the user pick and choose from the entire database.