Events homepage - How to filter the calendar feeds?

EvanDC

Hi there 

Just setting up my new site. One of the features which is important for the site I'm working on is a collation of various iCal feeds into the Events/Calendar. However, as such the default view of it is VERY busy already. 

If you click on a particular event you can then click on the calendar feed it's from and further use the drop down option in the top left to filter to just that calendar. 

However, on the home page for the Events/Calendar the only filtering possible is to choose a date range. 

Any idea how I could offer users a choice of which calendars to view on the homepage of the Calendar please? It would be really helpful. Thanks. 

I don't know if I'm reading the request wrong, but if you create multiple calendars, you can split events across each of them and show only events for that calendar.  For example below, on the calendar homepage...  I have ALL events showing across all calendars.  In my second screenshot, I have only Holiday events showing.   Could contain: Page, Text

Could contain: Text, Calendar, Page

Nevermind...  I see how I misread.  

Haha - thank you both. Yes, Randy - that's what I'm seeing too ... but only when you go deeper into the Events pathway. At the homepage itself for Events I can't see how it's possible to do this. 

Right now what I'm doing is navigating to the area where I CAN choose an individual calendar, selecting it, copying the url for that new page, then going back to the events homepage and editing a block I've made to create a link for the calendar in question ... then repeating for all calendars so on the homepage I've got a block with the links to each of the calendars. It's messy and far from ideal. But it kind of works. 

Marc - thank you - I look forward to an improvement on this as soon as you folks are able. Hopefully not a major overhaul but rather a missed opportunity to make it better relatively easily. 

While we're talking about additions ... I can't see how to select the colour for a specific calendar link. I think IPB is doing that for me randomly assigning colours. If I could select my own colour for a specific calendar that would be ace! 

17 hours ago, EvanDC said:

While we're talking about additions ... I can't see how to select the colour for a specific calendar link. I think IPB is doing that for me randomly assigning colours. If I could select my own colour for a specific calendar that would be ace! 

I think this is what you mean! In the AdminCP under Events > Calendar, click on Edit for whichever Calendar you want to change the colour and you can select the hex that you want. Hope this helps.

Could contain: Page, Text, File