The link could not be embedded because that URL is not allowed

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

I have split your item into another topic. 

The reason this is not working, is because there is no image at that location. If you visit that manually, you get that error from giphy

I don't think I am following you.

giphy.gif

I posted a giphy link here. It works.

When I post it in our forum:

Could contain: Text, Page, Pc, Electronics, Computer, Blackboard

Same error. 

If I follow the link:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bUiNp6MvD03MoBvxAm/giphy.gif

There is an image at that location. 

• 1 year later...

i have same problem whit same error 

The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.".

Here put error log

The URL of page the error occurred on was /index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=editor&do=validateLink

TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * float (0)
#0 /home/elforumi/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/editor.php(130): IPS\Text\_Parser::imageEmbed(Object(IPS\Http\Url), 470, 800)
#1 /home/elforumi/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_editor->validateLink()
#2 /home/elforumi/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/elforumi/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Edited by frunzila

Please ensure that you have all patches applied in ACP -> Support. Then please ensure that you have provided us accurate ACP access and we can further investigate:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Please also ensure you're not running PHP 8.2 or higher

I tried all versions

Now have PHP 8.1 (ea-php81)

Erros are still here 

The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.".

1 hour ago, frunzila said:

I cant enable or disable ModSecurity on Cpanel, not have this option.

You would need to contact your hosting provider if this is not available to you in your hosting panel. It may be it is not enabled but you would need to check with them.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, frunzila said:

I am still waiting

As mentioned by Marc, we were waiting for you to update all access details on file. We did not hear back from you so assume that was not done yet. We can certainly take a look at the software configuration and see if there is anything we can advise on, but we need access to do so. Have these items been updated?

These problems have nothing to do with loading images

And before the upgrade it was the same, but the loaded images worked

I will look for a way to migrate to vbuletin or other software, seriously, this is a joke for 200 usd per year

19 minutes ago, frunzila said:

These problems have nothing to do with loading images

And before the upgrade it was the same, but the loaded images worked

I will look for a way to migrate to vbuletin or other software, seriously, this is a joke for 200 usd per year

While I understand your frustration here, we are assisting you in getting your community in working order prior to attacking the issue at hand. It may seem irrelevant, but ignoring our support tools will just cause later issues in the investigation.