Downloading 4.7.3 - upgrade issues

7 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

You're confusing the backup with the files of the new version. You can (and should) download a copy of the backup, but what you need to upload (#6) are the files of the new Invision Community version (downloaded from your IPS Client Area; #4).

Re-uploading the backup files is NOT what step #6 is about.

Oh, I wasn't speaking in regards to the sixth point; yes, it's confusing, but I'm sure I can handle it.. My mentioning: "And I'm confused about how to re-upload it if I don't enjoy the update!!" is in regards to my back up if I need to re-install the back up (if the cPanel back up one is the right now!) Sorry, guys. I'm a complete moron!

Edited by MNOfficial

3 minutes ago, MNOfficial said:

Oh, I'm actually not. My mentioning: "And I'm confused about how to re-upload it if I don't enjoy the update!!" is in regards to my back up if I need to re-install the back up (if the cPanel back up one is the right now!) Sorry, guys. I'm a complete moron!

Oh, okay. If the backup is a "full cPanel backup", your host needs to restore that. If the backups are individual files (SQL for the database and TAR for files) you can restore them yourself. However, based on your post, it doesn't seem you have done this before.

If you ever need to restore the backup it would be best to simply contact your hosting and they should be able to assist.

2 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Oh, okay. If the backup is a "full cPanel backup", your host needs to restore that. If the backups are individual files (SQL for the database and TAR for files) you can restore them yourself. However, based on your post, it doesn't seem you have done this before.

If you ever need to restore the backup it would be best to simply contact your hosting and they should be able to assist.

Yeah; I've never backed up before. I've got into cPanel, under "Web Hosting" and via the cPanel Admin, I requested the "Download a Full Account Backup" back up of my site as of 10 minutes ago (10am) and have that downloaded. I also downloaded my web host's automated midnight-time back up incase. And it sounds like the cPanel backup is the right one to have, thankfully, so I can go in and begin updating. 👍🏻

Oh my heavens!! WHAT HAPPENED?!

Could contain: File, Page, Text

This is why I hate upgrades... did I just lose everything?!

My Admin CP is now gone. Oh no. Did I just kill everything?! I should've just run the upgrader instead of manually installing. Oh no. Oh no. I'm freaking out.

K. Was able to delete [most] of the newly-installed files and go back to PHP 7.4, which restored my site, so is it the PHP that is failing, because when changed to PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1, it does state what is captured above that there is no application available to upgrade!

Edited by MNOfficial

Ive move this to self hosting issues as this is clearly an issue hosting side here. If this is what you are seeing, your server is not seeing the new files. That being the case, it would be worth looking to see if the versions you are switching to are using opcache or something else that is caching the files

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Ive move this to self hosting issues as this is clearly an issue hosting side here. If this is what you are seeing, your server is not seeing the new files. That being the case, it would be worth looking to see if the versions you are switching to are using opcache or something else that is caching the files

I ended up deleting all of the manually-installed files, and it allowed me back into the Admin CP and board, and when I just update the PHP is tells me there are database issues, which is causing the update to not continue. Could that be opcache, too? Or something else?

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Probably not. Depending on what exactly the database issue is that is showing, you would need to perform that action on your server

Dang. Seems like upgrading is just not going to happen for me after all, and the slowness of my board will forever happen now.

Unfortunately there is only so far we can go to assist with your environment itself. You would be best to contact your hosting company at this point, as something is clearly off there. 

Have you considered moving over to our cloud perhaps, so you no longer have to deal with these things?

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Unfortunately there is only so far we can go to assist with your environment itself. You would be best to contact your hosting company at this point, as something is clearly off there. 

Have you considered moving over to our cloud perhaps, so you no longer have to deal with these things?

I have not considered it, no. I may look into it, as if it keeps from these issues happening further, then that would be ideal. Is there a cost to being on the Cloud? I know my hosting was renewed for one-year this past September, so I'm paid through September 2024.

Just now, MNOfficial said:

The problem is: I cannot find what it's asking for me to even find. At all.

I'm not sure what you mean, are you unsure how to run manual SQL queries (if so, ask your hosting provider) or are you stating that these tables/columns don't exist in the database?

Just now, Jim M said:

I'm not sure what you mean, are you unsure how to run manual SQL queries (if so, ask your hosting provider) or are you stating that these tables/columns don't exist in the database?

I did a search within my cPanel and none of what it's asking me to change/update is available to be found. Gosh. I feel like such a moron.

3 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

You have to run those queries from SSH (command line). Don try to run them from phpMyAdmin, as they'll most likely timeout.

If you're unsure how to do it, ask your hosting, as @Jim M mentioned above.

I'm in-contact with my hosting as much as I can; guess it's the problem with big-time hosts. Ugh. TYSM to you @teraßyte@Jim M @Marc Stridgen & @Randy Calvert for your continuous help!