Can't seem to get FB Reels OEmbed working.

17 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you gone through the approval process on facebook?

Yes, and I'd imagine if Instagram embeds work via oEmbed Read, then wouldn't FB videos/reels as well?  Or is there something more that needs to be done?  There is only the FB app id and secret to configure in the IPS AdminCP,  no?

FWIW, the FB GET for the link returns a 200.

The IPS call to index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=editor&do=validateLink also returns a 200 with the following response JSON:

{"preview":"","title":"","embed":"","errorMessage":"The link could not be embedded because an error occurred on www.facebook.com."}

45 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

@Marc Stridgen any chance you can try to embed a FB reel on a test forum and verify it works for you?  At least that would rule out something in my FB app's config or the like.

I have this on my list here to test, but need to get something set up on my end first of all. Please bear with me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 4:10 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

Any updates on this issue?

• 9 months later...