Question about changing the background color/font color of a "button"

I think its more of what would be called "Mention" but the setting in the theme setting for "Mention" doesn't seem to alter it, but I'm looking to change this setting.  I had a guy here do a mod for me and he did it and it works great but I want to change this, which I think is a function of the board that I should be able to change?

Could contain: Page, TextCould contain: Page, Text

In the first box that indicates the user is "found"...so it pretty much just like a mention.   Then to actually select this user I click on the Member ID in the top photo and it is indicated as select in the lower image by changing to a very slightly lighter shade of blue (there are two images show  above, the same form, but the second one is after I click "olyclimber"...then the surrounding blue color goes to a lighter shade).   What I want to do is make that surrounding color much different...maybe even red so its very obvious that the user was selected. 

Is this something I can do in the theme setting or is there another way to modify it?

I'm trying to explain this, but realizing that it may not be all together clear...so let me know if you don't understand what I'm asking!

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to contact the individual who perform this customization for you. I'm afraid, we do not know how they coded it so there could indeed be differences and customizations are outside our scope of support.

It was me. There’s no CSS or something related. It’s just basically a Member field that for some reason shows different in his board.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

It was me. There’s no CSS or something related. It’s just basically a Member field that for some reason shows different in his board.

I'm afraid, this still would be up to yourself to troubleshoot as it is in a custom application. If there is a core issue, you would need to report this as the developer with examples.

40 minutes ago, olyclimber said:

but the second one is after I click "olyclimber"...then the surrounding blue color goes to a lighter shade)

Looking at my own test community when creating a message, this is intended to happen as it allows for "highlighting" of the member to delete it if you click backspace on your keyboard. If you added multiple members to a member selection field, this is a little more obvious.

If you would like this to function differently, it will require a customization or a Feature Suggestion to change the current design of the software.

24 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Looking at my own test community when creating a message, this is intended to happen as it allows for "highlighting" of the member to delete it if you click backspace on your keyboard. If you added multiple members to a member selection field, this is a little more obvious.

If you would like this to function differently, it will require a customization or a Feature Suggestion to change the current design of the software.

To be clear I don't want it to "function" differently.  I want to appear differently.  Maybe the answer is the same, but I'm not looking for a change in function, just the appearance which is clearly set somewhere in the code.

Thank you and thanks @Adriano Faria for chiming in!

Just now, olyclimber said:

To be clear I don't want it to "function" differently.  I want to appear differently.  Maybe the answer is the same, but I'm not looking for a change in function, just the appearance which is clearly set somewhere in the code.

Thank you and thanks @Adriano Faria for chiming in!

As mentioned, this would require customization which is outside our scope of support.

Right click the item and inspect the item before you click it and then after you click it, then find the classes that are applied to it before/after:

BEFORE

Could contain: Text

AFTER

Could contain: Landscape, Outdoors, Nature, City, Lighting, File, Water, Scenery, Snow, Text

From the dev tools css files - the color isn't changing, the opacity is:

.cToken.cToken_selected {
	opacity: 0.7;
}

So override it...

opacity: 1 !important;
}

This kind of stuff is usually a lot easier for others to figure out if you post a link to a site (which allows people to look at the html/css) instead of a screenshot (which only allows people to look at a pretty picture)

46 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Right click the item and inspect the item before you click it and then after you click it, then find the classes that are applied to it before/after:

BEFORE

Could contain: Text

AFTER

Could contain: Landscape, Outdoors, Nature, City, Lighting, File, Water, Scenery, Snow, Text

From the dev tools css files - the color isn't changing, the opacity is:

opacity: 0.7;
}

So override it...

opacity: 1 !important;
}

This kind of stuff is usually a lot easier for others to figure out if you post a link to a site (which allows people to look at the html/css) instead of a screenshot (which only allows people to look at a pretty picture)

Thank you @Nathan Explosion  now that is actually helpful! I appreciate it!  www.cascadeclimbers.com and @Adriano Faria built a custom form that allows people to post a "Trip Report"  and there is a "Team" form in that.

I thought it might just be opacity, which explains why there isn't a color I can switch it to.   Wish I could have it switch to another color on selection, rather than just change opacity, but I guess that would be custom code.  @Adriano Faria  since this is sort of beyond the scope of what you charged me initially, let me know if you think that would be possible for a reasonable cost...otherwise I'll try to train my users to live with it as is..

Again, thanks again @Nathan Explosion , that was really the type of guidance I was hoping for over "NOT SUPPORTED". 😀