Locked Task: queue

Hello, I am getting the following error in my community. I have looked over the server logs and did not see anything nor does clicking the view logs button product anything. I've tried unlocking the task and restarting, restarting the server, restarting nginx and php-fpm and none of those work. How can I get this issue resolved?

Locked Task: queue

One of the routine maintenance tasks which run in the background has failed several times, which may indicate a configuration issue.

8 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Are yo using a cronjob to run tasks? If yes, double-check you're running it with PHP 8 and not an older 7.x version.

Yes, I am using cron. The crontask does point to /usr/bin/php but I've verified that as root the /usr/bin/php returns version 8.0.26 (which the con task runs as root) and PHP7 has never been installed on this server. Also other tasks appear to be running just fine, this is the only task that is stuck.

Edited by josephs8

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Just now, josephs8 said:

@Jim M I re-added them. Also please make sure you read the notes as this is the test site that we are currently having issues with so if you are trying to login to our production site that will not work.

Sorry, test sites are outside our scope of support. If you encounter this issue on your production site, please let us know.

2 minutes ago, josephs8 said:

@Jim M this will be our new production site. So you are saying I have launch a website that is broken for you to be able to help with it?

Test sites typically have different configurations then their live/production counterparts which make troubleshooting effectively harder for our team because clients often changes these configurations as we are working on them. If this is impacting you from going live, we can certainly take a look as a courtesy but you may encounter limited support. However, please refrain from making any changes while we investigate.

You have a significant number of third party add-ons which are out of date, you will need to upgrade these and then try again. (even though they are disabled, they will still impact background tasks)

Once those are upgraded, it looks likee there is a 500 Internal Server Error also being encountered when running these. If that is still there, you will also need to obtain that server error log entry and resolve any server issues. If there are any software issues, please pass us those and we can attempt to guide you.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jim M We officially launched with our new server as I thought that may just be an issue on the test server as you mentioned but no such luck. The issue seems to still be there. I removed all the plugins/apps except 1 app and 2 plugins that failed to remove not sure if that is part of the issue or not and not sure how to get rid of those. Where do you find the 500 errors? I was looking through my NGINX logs and I do not see any 500 errors being reported so if you can tell me where to find them I may have a better idea what is causing them. Thanks for your assistance!

@Jim M I am not seeing any 500 error. I do see an error, but it is not generating a 500 error in the logs and seems really unclear what it means.

RuntimeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/atrl.net/html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#1 /var/www/atrl.net/html/system/Task/Task.php(375): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#2 /var/www/atrl.net/html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout()
#3 /var/www/atrl.net/html/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#4 /var/www/atrl.net/html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(751): IPS\_Task->run()
#5 /var/www/atrl.net/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#6 /var/www/atrl.net/html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/atrl.net/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 /var/www/atrl.net/html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

A 500 Internal Server Error is still happening running the queue manually:

Could contain: Pc, Electronics, Computer, Page, Text, File, Screen

We would need to know what this is in order to proceed. Please contact your hosting provider and have them provide you the Server Error log entry for this issue and then please provide it here.

@Jim M thanks for the image. But I must still be doing something wrong. I search for Task click on the Tasks item that pops up. Then find the queue task (its usually at the top and running), I remove the running lock and then click run now and I get a 404 error not a 500 error. Are you doing anything differently? Or would you be able to provide a video of what you are doing as I feel like I am missing something here.