Change AWS Storage Settings to use a custom URL

Go to solution Solved by josephs8,

Currently I am storing most of my files in a AWS S3 bucket. However I want to change it to use a custom URL so I can take advantage of a CDN in front of my S3 bucket. My question is how will this impact my community when I make this change? Is it an instant change or will there be some time that it will take to update the URL's to use the new custom URL I have specified. This would obviously also change the S3 Bucket name as I will need to create a new S3 bucket that uses my the domain I chose for the CDN. During this I may also change the region the bucket is located in so the endpoint will change, though will this make a difference since I am using a custom URL? Thank you!

• Solution

@Marc Stridgen thank you. I ended up playing around with this over the weekend and did do a manual from move bucket to bucket which saved a bunch of time so thank you. One other question I do have is when I move additional files that are not already in s3 do I just copy the contents of the upload directory directly to my S3 bucket thus leaving the folder structure exactly the same?

7 minutes ago, josephs8 said:

@Marc Stridgen thank you. I ended up playing around with this over the weekend and did do a manual from move bucket to bucket which saved a bunch of time so thank you. One other question I do have is when I move additional files that are not already in s3 do I just copy the contents of the upload directory directly to my S3 bucket thus leaving the folder structure exactly the same?

Yes, you would want to do the contents of the uploads folder with their sub-folders intact. Could do a small folder via the system if you are unsure.