Huge gap at the end of posts

I've noticed sometimes large gaps will appear at the end of posts when someone posts on my site. This has happened quite often over the years but the current member its affecting is extreme, sometimes it canbe 200+ lines meaning you have to scroll a long time until the post ends.

I have asked what phone and browser they are using and its a Samsung a53 using default browser. Example here

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

I've noticed sometimes large gaps will appear at the end of posts when someone posts on my site. This has happened quite often over the years but the current member its affecting is extreme, sometimes it canbe 200+ lines meaning you have to scroll a long time until the post ends.

I have asked what phone and browser they are using and its a Samsung a53 using default browser. Example here

As a trouble shooting attempt, could you have that user turn off the 'Power Saving' function on their phone and see if that alters the experience?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Does the APP removes before saving i.e. so that if later, if no one updates it, forum post will not be broken? OR it will remove during read? Thanks

I have not used the plugin myself so I'm not 100% sure but, based on the information the developer added in the Additional Information TAB (on how to add it to Pages databases), I believe it uses Javascript to remove the empty lines after the page is loaded.

If I am correct it means the post is saved as-is and simply altered to look different after it's loaded in the user's browser. If you disable the plugin the posts will display again the extra lines.

In this case a plugin that removes the extra empty lines at the end before saving would probably be better. It needs to be coded from scratch though.

3 hours ago, teraßyte said:

In this case a plugin that removes the extra empty lines at the end before saving would probably be better. It needs to be coded from scratch though.

100% agree, thank you. Nothing against the app coder but have burned myself by using new developer apps and few versions down the road, it's not supported. I have decided to stick myself with either your, Adriano, Michael, dawpi, Aiwa, Ehren, etc. apps. with whom I am familiar and they (developers) are around for a long time, as far as I know. 

Edited by AlexJ

Just had another member experience this, who was also using the Samsung Browser and was totally confused as to why it was happening.  He knows now and is making the change to native Chrome as well.

Wish there was a way to notify a Samsung Browser user (or any user using an unsupported browser) to change and outright block their posting to prevent this.  That's probably better than a reactive cleanup type plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

+2 for users on my site.   

Seems to be a recent bug issue. Both confirmed it only happens when they use Samsung's own default browser, not if they use the Chrome browser.  I am trying to find out which Samsung phones they are using.  

But does anybody know if this is a confirmed Samsung issue rather than an Invision software bug?

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We have had information from another user, its being caused by this setting on samsung phones. Those turning it off have seen the problem stop

Samsung Keyboard>More Typing Options>Enhanced accuracy (labs)

This does seem to have helped for those who've made that change so far 😃

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Is this being considered for being fixed? It happens on my S21 using Edge.

As mentioned several times on this subject, it is not an issue in our software. This is an issue with the device. To help remedy it, you can try turning off: Samsung Keyboard>More Typing Options>Enhanced accuracy (labs)