Followed Member Notification

LiveG

At default state, if you are following someone on the forum, you get a notification on every newly opened topic, and every new reply is made by the user you followed. (It's a lot of notifications!)
The user should have the option to choose which item content he should get a notification on. (only new opened topic/every new replies/both/specific forum/ etc)

Edited by LiveG

4 minutes ago, LiveG said:

The user should have the option to choose which item content he should get a notification on. ( only new opened topic/every replies, etc)

You said it all. CONTENT ITEM = topic, Downloads file, Blogs entry, Gallery image, etc. COMMENT/REVIEW = post/reply. That’s not possible but I just realized it’s a suggestion, my bad.

Anyway, if you want to choose content items type when following, you can use this:

Edited by Adriano Faria

I understand it's not possible.😏

I will elaborate on the need. 
On my forum, the author open a new sports tip topic, gets a lot of good luck messages from the community members, and answers to them with a lot of "Thanks" replies.

So if i followed this author in order to be updated on every new sport tip he opened, i would get  notifications on every un useful "Thanks" reply he made as well . Supper annoying that make my following system unbearable!!

Edited by LiveG