Maintenance Tasks Not Running

In the AdminCP I got this notice:

Routine maintenance tasks are performed as users access the site but it looks like the traffic to your community is not sufficient to run these tasks on time. This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved. It is recommended that you set up a cron or a web service so that these tasks can be run even when there isn't any traffic coming to your community.

I clicked on "Fix This" and chose the "cron" option and set the cron up - but even with the cron running it doesn't appear this issue has been resolved.

When I run the cron with -v I get output like this:

Exception:
OutOfRangeException Object
(
    [message:protected] =>
    [string:Exception:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /home/redacted/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php
    [line:protected] => 142
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /home/redacted/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php
                    [line] => 45
                    [function] => load
                    [class] => IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord
                    [type] => ::
                )

)

[previous:Exception:private] =>
)

I'm not sure why this is happening or how to address it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, teraßyte said:

In case you have recently upgraded to PHP 8 double-check that your cronjob is also updated and using the correct PHP version.

Before it wasn't an issue but in the last 4.7.5 update IPS made some changes to the code and some tasks won't run anymore with PHP 7.x cronjobs.

The cron is definitely running on the same version of PHP as the forums themselves [I did check this].

It did eventually disappear.