Upgrading to PHP 8.0

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

I am getting ready to upgrade from IPB 4.5.4.2 to the latest. First, I am upgrading PHP from 7.4 to 8.0. After I do this, I get a 500 Internal Server Error:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I cannot log into the admin panel either. All plugins and extra applications were disabled before changing the PHP version.

• Solution

Please download the requirements checker, here:

Then upload it and visit it with a browser while running PHP 8. It will tell you if any necessary requirements have not been met.

Once they are fulfilled, all you should need to do is upload a full set of the system files then run the upgrade manually by visiting your site's upgrade URL directly (i.e domain.com/admin/upgrade/).

I uploaded the files, then navigate to /admin/upgrade, log into my account, pass the requirements check, and it asks for my license key. When I enter my license key it says:

An installation has already been activated for this license key. Your license key entitles you to one installation only. If you need to change the URL associated with your license, contact IPS technical support.

There is no mismatch between the URL listed in the client area for this key and the install location. They both match.

How to continue?

---------

Ah, I was missing "www." in the URL. It is working now...

Edited by Interferon

Upgrade is complete. I disabled all optional addons and plugins during the process, then updated and enabled each addon one at a time, testing each one.

The only issue I am having is that our store is displaying an error when you click on the "Software" category:
/store/category/1-software/

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

This occurs even if all add-ons are disabled, using our own custom theme or the default IPB theme.

Edited by Interferon