This Site - Forum Read

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

All topics are read yet the icon says there are unread topics. I have noticed this previously but didn't give it much thought until it began happening again of late. It is the only sub that does this on this site so I don't believe it to be a browser issue. Just musing here but, could be hidden threads causing the issue? 

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Edited by My Sharona

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

That's because a post was made but has since been moved out of there - click the URL for the item posted 17hrs ago (at this time) and you get to here...

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471110-invision-insight-invision-community-team-qa/?do=getLastComment

Thanks Nate. Not sure I'm following you though. I click your link and I get the following screen (I am logged in). Unless that is a topic that is for administrative staff only... or something like that. Your link has the Topic number as 471110 while that thread I linked to is, 471004.

Regardless, if a comment was moved out of that thread, why is it showing as not read when I have read the thread. 

I apologize for my ignorance here.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Edited by My Sharona

38 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

My post was for Invision's benefit....there was a post there that made the forum unread. The topic is no longer accessible, therefore it cannot be read, therefore we shouldn't have an unread mark for it.

Thanks. I do see now that by hovering over that thread from the forum listing page, that it indeed gives your link.

beer.gif.b3218d5333afa4cf6b0538c1ff6c9cb7.gif

Edited by My Sharona

4 hours ago, My Sharona said:

After reading the thread, "Invision Insight: 17 days until Christmas!" which Gary posted to overnight, I am getting that same sub marked as unread again. None of the other threads in that sub have been posted to since Saturday.

Thanks for taking the time to read through it! 🙂 There is another Invision Insight to be posted later this week so keep an eye out for it.

In saying that, it seems that the topic I am drafting in that forum (which is hidden) is clearly marking the forum as unread which @Nathan Explosion is alluding to. I will investigate this to confirm whether it is common practice or whether it is something that we can perhaps rectify on our end. I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...