Zapier setup that mirrors Facebook promote?

I've read posts here about using Zapier to replace the Facebook promote that was native to IPS, however I'm not seeing a way to selectively publish topics as desired (like we would do when we wanted to promote something). I've seen where you can filter on certain forums and can publish every topic but not selective ones.  Is there a way to achieve selective publishes to Facebook via Zapier?

Just wanted to add this add-on by @Adriano Faria is a great substitute, the only caveat is the difference between using an og:image in Facebook's native share versus being able to upload a picture and get a better/bigger resolution image for an impactful and consistent share like the IPS Promote would do.  Nothing really in Adriano's control, as the FB share option is the FB implementation, whereas the IPS Promote was a custom approach using FB APIs (?).

Edited by Clover13

14 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need some criteria to base these on. Have you tried something like featuring those items, and using that as a criteria for what you wish to promote?

Thanks @Marc Stridgen, I think I see one way to do it by labeling an item as Promoted (as an example approach) and then can set up the Filter criteria.  Are you aware of a way to attach/upload an image as part of the Zapier publish to a FB page similar to what IPS did before (giving you the set of attached images in the topic to select from)?

From what I can see, at best I can set an og:image and then share via Zapier but the multi-step Zap will require $20/month just to do this (but it's also mostly automated and controlled via a manual Feature).  However, the manual effort it takes to mark a topic as a Feature topic is nearly the same as just sharing directly on FB (via IPS's embedded FB share) with the same og:image behavior using Adriano's add-on.

Maybe it's worth the monthly cost to Zapier if I ever do more sophisticated and regular Zaps and get some offsetting value from it.  However, right now, I can't justify the $20/month just do replace the IPS Promote to Facebook.

Edited by Clover13

6 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

From what I can see, at best I can set an og:image and then share via Zapier but the multi-step Zap will require $20/month just to do this (but it's also mostly automated and controlled via a manual Feature).  However, the manual effort it takes to mark a topic as a Feature topic is nearly the same as just sharing directly on FB (via IPS's embedded FB share) with the same og:image behavior using Adriano's add-on.

Maybe it's worth the monthly cost to Zapier if I ever do more sophisticated and regular Zaps and get some offsetting value from it.  However, right now, I can't justify the $20/month just do replace the IPS Promote to Facebook.

To be fair, it's the same effort as the Publish feature was too 🙂 . 

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

To be fair, it's the same effort as the Publish feature was too 🙂 . 

What is the Publish feature you're referring to?  The IPS Promote or the direct Facebook Publish (copy and paste approach)?

I was OK with the IPS Promote as the workflow was faster than doing it directly on FB, but right now I feel like without Adriano's add-on I'd have to spend $20/month to get Zapier to do it (without the og:image) or manually do the copy/paste and image upload to FB directly for every post I want to share.

Edited by Clover13