EU cancellation policy

opentype

While I see this post, I would like to point out that the EU has amended it’s rules this year and consumer subscriptions for EU citizens now need to be able to be cancelled the same way they are bought. It should not require tickets, emails and so on. If I can subscribe clicking a few buttons, a similar process must be implemented to cancel subscriptions. That would include the entire package but also adding and removing just “Gallery” for example. Not providing those options is banned and punishable as “dark pattern”. 

(P.S. Just to be clear: I am not talking about the features of the software, but this website and IPS customer’s functions here in the Client Area)

Edited by opentype

IPS is not an EU company.  They don’t have jurisdiction of US companies. If IPS had an EU entity, it would be subject to local regulations but that doesn’t apply here. (Just like it’s not subject to the laws of say Iran or Russia.)

So I’m not sure this would be considered for a compliance perspective. But it can’t hurt to note for general consideration. 🙂 

Edited by Randy Calvert

I applies to companies world-wide offering goods and services to EU citizens. It’s not a matter of the company being subject to local law, it’s a matter of wanting to to business with citizens of certain countries. Just as you cannot import illegal goods into a country independent of having a subsidiary in that country. Digital goods and services fall into the same category. Enforcement of these rules is a different matter, but claiming it wouldn’t even apply is factually wrong. 

Please don’t add unnecessary side debates to this. You don’t have to get involved with every discussion here, you know?