Gallery index routing problem

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I have a strange problem with the Gallery. When I click the link to the Gallery app, it is (according to the browser URL bar) routing through an URL of the site visited earlier, before after some unusual wait time, arriving at the gallery index page. It’s a consistent issue I observed over the last couple of weeks. I already tried resetting the menu, turning off Cloudflare, deleting browser data, site cache and so on. But nothing helps. It’s only the gallery index that is affected. Anyone knows what could potentially cause this?

Looks like it is attempting to go to your login page. Are there any rewrites or redirect on the server-level which would account for that? It does not seem to happen in other areas of your site which are authenticated so that is quite odd.

I would recommend trying this on an unmodified theme, disabling all third party add-ons, removing custom Javascript, etc.. 

I have a similar structure with gallery in a sub-menu and available only to logged in users but am not encountering this on the same version so disabling all these is the first step.

Can someone from IPS please investigate this on my site? The fact that it happens with or without friendly URLs makes me confident it is coming from the software. Something in the URL processing or the processing of the gallery index seems to be faulty on this installation. It’s not happening on other installations on the same server. I also set a clean theme just in case. 

Steps to reproduce:

• login
  • click a few links
  • click the Gallery link (secondary navigation)
  • Result: loading takes multiple seconds and Safari might show an URL forwarding through a previously visited URL

Repeat views of the gallery index might not show the problem. But waiting a while or logging out and in again shows it again consistently. 

• 1 month later...