Gallery Upload Issue

Quite often when I have to upload images to the Gallery, I am processing a good number of them. I have no problem uploading 10 or even 100 at a time. Once uploaded, you can then begin adding information to those uploaded images, ie; adding a Caption, Description, setting a tag and/or adding a Credit and/or Copyright, within the "Add Images" lightbox.

The issue I seem to be experiencing comes when I am all done with a batch of images and click the "Submit all images" button. Once clicked, I am then taken to a screen with a progress bar indicating the progress of the save. It happens regularly that it will start the save but then craps out before the progress gets anywhere near completing. Most times when this happens, it will get to like 10% of the progress and the screen goes back to the page that was behind the lightbox. I then have to look to see how many of the processed images were actually saved. Generally, if i get past the the first portion displayed by the progress bar, I know that the entire upload will take. Nothing like staring at the progress bar praying like no tomorrow that it gets past the first display.

When the save does not save, I then have to figure out if any uploaded and then have to process the same images that weren't saved, again. Because this is happening, I moved to trying to only process ten images at a time but it still happens with the same regularity. When I am processing upwards of one hundred images at a sitting, and this happens repeatedly, it becomes very frustrating to perform the same task again and again to achieve the desired result that should have taken half the time.

To get around this somewhat, I have taken to simply uploading the images in an entire batch without adding the information that is time intensive to do so. This way they upload just fine (maybe because the lightbox isn't open for ten minutes at a time?). However, I am then relegated to reprocessing the already uploaded images frame by frame, and this way of doing it takes much much longer than being able to do it in the "Add Images" lightbox that contains all the images you are uploading.

Additionally, When I first started doing this I remember being able to move the images around in the "Add Images" lightbox. I still see the four pronged arrow that should let me move them but when my clicked cursor gets outside of the image display, it now turns to the red circle with a line through it indicating I can't do that. While this last is not as important as the main premise of this thread, it would still be nice if this actually worked as well.

Thank you.

Edited by My Sharona

Hello !

I have exactly the same problem as you: sending the photos goes perfectly well but things go wrong at the second stage; when it comes to processing. Sometimes (but often) only the first image of the sent batch is processed and then the lightbox disappears... as you indicate.

I never found the origin of the problem and I have tried many times with several browsers without modules, etc. I even switched the forum language to English, completely disabled cloudflare, my anti-virus, etc.

I never found any explanation while everything seems to work fine with another administrator of my forum: same operating system, same browser... the only difference seems to be the fact that I use an ADSL connection while he is equipped with optical fiber.

I have of course tried with larger and smaller batches, with different file sizes, etc.

As soon as I send ten pictures (for example) and go to processing, the first picture is well processed (the lightbox disappears) and the other nine files remain in the table "ipb_gallery_images_upload"... 😈

Anyway, personally, I stopped looking for the reason why my other administrator is not facing this problem while we seem to be in quite similar dispositions... we must have missed a parameter.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, Jim M said:

If you do not wish to post these publicly, it would be best to add these to the notes section of the Client Area Access Details so that all our technicians can assist you.

Apologies for not getting back here sooner, a little busy right now. I don't see a notes section within my Client Area. Did you mean for me to, "Create a Support Request?"

16 hours ago, NightAngel said:

Hello !

I have exactly the same problem as you: sending the photos goes perfectly well but things go wrong at the second stage; when it comes to processing. Sometimes (but often) only the first image of the sent batch is processed and then the lightbox disappears... as you indicate.

I never found the origin of the problem and I have tried many times with several browsers without modules, etc. I even switched the forum language to English, completely disabled cloudflare, my anti-virus, etc.

I never found any explanation while everything seems to work fine with another administrator of my forum: same operating system, same browser... the only difference seems to be the fact that I use an ADSL connection while he is equipped with optical fiber.

I have of course tried with larger and smaller batches, with different file sizes, etc.

As soon as I send ten pictures (for example) and go to processing, the first picture is well processed (the lightbox disappears) and the other nine files remain in the table "ipb_gallery_images_upload"... 😈

Anyway, personally, I stopped looking for the reason why my other administrator is not facing this problem while we seem to be in quite similar dispositions... we must have missed a parameter.

I continually look for work arounds.

I have found that if I do the bulk upload without processing the information aspect, I can then go to the first image upload tile and work backwards from there. This saves considerable time instead of working it forward, having to go through all those I have already added information for..

1 hour ago, My Sharona said:

Apologies for not getting back here sooner, a little busy right now. I don't see a notes section within my Client Area. Did you mean for me to, "Create a Support Request?"

You can certainly do that if you wish. Looks like you're on Cloud so, apologies, you would not have the access details part of your license. If you would like to create a ticket with this information, we can certainly do that.