Switch To Cloud (Ad/Notification) Turn Off Permanent?

Go to solution Solved by Meddysong,

On the top right near the alerts is says swtich to the cloud. When I click the X to get rid of it. It states we will not show this for a while. As a paid product, I did really want a thing keep poping up for me to move to the cloud. Is there a permanent way to disable this message nofication as I don't need to be reminding of something I don't wish to do.

On 11/13/2022 at 12:55 AM, Meddysong said:

Nope, by design.

So by design this is force on us and we can't say to no to not sure it to us forever even when we paid for the product? I didn't pay for ads. @Marc Stridgen You like the comment, but could you expand on this concern?

Oh BTW, not the soultion as I didn't mark it and it was force marked. I was more looking for a reply from IPB.

Edited by ZakRhyno

In its original version it was permanently displayed in the ACP. IPB made it dismissible for a period of time before it appears again. 

Feel free to suggest a change in the Feedback forum.  The staff won’t be able to give you much more of a response outside of that. With that said, this is a horse that has been beaten to death previously. As a result, I would not expect much in terms of additional change. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

Hi @ZakRhyno,

There is no way to permanently disable the notification you receive in your AdminCP at this time.

We want to inform our clients of the latest technologies we are adopting for you to take full advantage of. In addition, not all of our clients visit the Invision Community forum for news, updates and other products we offer.

You are definitely not paying for ads. But it would be wrong from a business standpoint to not inform you of features that can benefit so many communities and mitigate the endless server maintenance many people don't want to deal with. It gives you the time to concentrate on what matters, your community.

10 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

In its original version it was permanently displayed in the ACP. IPB made it dismissible for a period of time before it appears again. 

Feel free to suggest a change in the Feedback forum.  The staff won’t be able to give you much more of a response outside of that. With that said, this is a horse that has been beaten to death previously. As a result, I would not expect much in terms of additional change. 

The dead horse part I didn't know was not keeping up with things. Just saw it after the update. 

9 hours ago, Gary said:

Hi @ZakRhyno,

There is no way to permanently disable the notification you receive in your AdminCP at this time.

We want to inform our clients of the latest technologies we are adopting for you to take full advantage of. In addition, not all of our clients visit the Invision Community forum for news, updates and other products we offer.

You are definitely not paying for ads. But it would be wrong from a business standpoint to not inform you of features that can benefit so many communities and mitigate the endless server maintenance many people don't want to deal with. It gives you the time to concentrate on what matters, your community.

As the answer was mark for me and I didn't mark it this the answer to my question not the other one someone force on my thread to answer, if somoene would kindly change it to this one. As I have no way of doing so. Thanks @Gary you were very helpfully in giving an answer to my question than a like to better explain things. 

27 minutes ago, ZakRhyno said:

As the answer was mark for me and I didn't mark it this the answer to my question not the other one someone force on my thread to answer, if somoene would kindly change it to this one. As I have no way of doing so.

It was marked as the answer as this is the answer to the question you had asked there. While I appreciate that wasnt the answer you were looking for, that is indeed the correct answer. There is no way in which to remove this from the admin CP