Error when trying to create registration with profile completion steps or full registration form

I'm getting an error when i add profile completion steps.  I also get this error when i click yes, with full registration form. 

[[Template core/front/system/register is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Electronics, Text

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Login::forms() in /var/www/html/XXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code:6216
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/XXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->register('\n\n\n<form accept...', Object(IPS\Login), NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/xXXXXXX/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(116): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('register', Array)
#2 /var/www/html/XXXXX/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/XXXXXX/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/XXXXXX/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

As a first step, please change your front-end Theme to one which is unedited (not customized in any way) then login in on the front-end, verify you are seeing the unedited Theme, then check to see if the errors continue.

If the problem is resolved, it's the custom Theme you're using, and you'd need to contact its author for assistance in resolving the issue it's causing.

If the error continues, the next step would be to temporarily disable all 3rd-party plugins and apps, and test once more.

If the errors are now gone, one of the 3rd-party apps/plugins you disabled above is the problem. You'd need to re-enable them one by one until you find the one which is causing the problem, then contact its author for assistance.

However, if the errors are still persisting after disabling all 3rd-party apps, plugins, and Themes, please reply here to let us know and we can investigate further.