Future Publish Issue

My Sharona

I have a case where, in an effort to get work done during down times, I am creating threads for future publish. Threads with a future publish date are fine as long as they post when that future date is set. Threads that are set to future publish and I then need to 'Publish' before the set time (by utilizing the 'Moderation Actions' button at the top of said thread (utilizing the 'Publish' option)), do not hold a cookie that sets your read posts. By clicking the 'Unread Posts' button, no matter where you were/are in the thread, you are taken to the first post.

I have inspected this on several browsers and it is not browser specific.

As an aside, there is no 'Publish' option in the 'Moderation Actions' at the bottom of a thread.

I hope my explanation is somewhat clearer than mud.

TYIA for your attention to this matter. 🍻

Example:

I create a thread, set a future publishing date. I set the date beyond my intended publish date because I can't possibly know the exact time I will have to publish it. On the date in question, I move it to the proper forum just before I am set to publish it. When the time arrives, I publish it via the  'Moderation Actions' button at the top of said thread. Thread publishes. Users post to thread. Thread does not track unread replies for users. Every time they click on a, 'Go to first unread post' button, they are instead taken to the first page/post of said thread.

I hope this is a bit more clear, let me know if not.

Edited by My Sharona