Reactions not appearing whether enabled or disabled, always renders ipsHide

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

The reaction blurb HTML/CSS always shows this whether it's enabled or disabled in ACP:

<div class="ipsReact_blurb ipsHide" data-role="reactionBlurb">
</div>

Note this isn't the case where it's whited out, or only displays onHover.  It's always hidden with that HTML/CSS output.

15 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Does the user's member group able to use/see reactions? Does the user in question have reactions to give in the day? 

Could you please provide an example user's display name?

Yes, it is enabled at the Member Group level (Administrators) and for my account.  This is a new site I just started up, so would it be better to discuss over PM?  

22 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

Yes, it is enabled at the Member Group level (Administrators) and for my account.  This is a new site I just started up, so would it be better to discuss over PM?  

You're more than welcome to provide me the display name in message, however, the support request will take place here so all can benefit from what happens.

• Solution

With the account provided, I am not seeing any issues. However, the only content I see is by the individual who you are logged in as and as you have "Members can react to their own content?" disabled, you would only be able to react to other individual's content. You will want to either enable the setting mentioned or create content by someone else to test reactions.

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

With the account provided, I am not seeing any issues. However, the only content I see is by the individual who you are logged in as and as you have "Members can react to their own content?" disabled, you would only be able to react to other individual's content. You will want to either enable the setting mentioned or create content by someone else to test reactions.

You would still see it however even if you couldn't react to it yourself no?  Do you see the reactions available to select?

Hmm apparently that was it, I had thought you could always see the options you just couldn't cast one.  Thanks Jim, sorry to waste your time on that one!

6 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

You would still see it however even if you couldn't react to it yourself no?  Do you see the reactions available to select?

Hmm apparently that was it, I had thought you could always see the options you just couldn't cast one.  Thanks Jim, sorry to waste your time on that one!

Correct. You would not be able to see it if you cannot use it. No worries though! Glad I could help you get an answer 🙂 .