Error after update v4.7.3

Go to solution Solved by Alex Duffy,

This appeared after update v4.7.3 When I disabled Forms this error stopped.

Our site is on the cloud.

I'm perplexed as this error is still been thrown after Forms updated today.

I have also posted this on Forms support tread.

Can any throw some light on this for me, as I do want to use forms but I'm suspecting it might be something else.

Thanks

Could contain: Plant, Text, Vase, Jar, Pottery, Bush, Vegetation, File, Page, Potted Plant

Edited by Alex Duffy

In addition to possibly being related to the 3rd party resource, as you're using a custom theme... it's also possible it was a problem with the theme itself.  The areas it is noting in the area involve navigation, which was updated recently.  So it's possible your custom theme was never updated to reflect those changes.  

I would suggest testing the site with the 3rd party app enabled, but with a default theme.  If it continues working, the problem would be in your theme.  If it does not work with the app enabled on a default theme, it would indicate it's a problem with the app itself.  

Randy's suggested steps would be the correct way to diagnose this.

Leave the app enabled, but change the default Theme which is used on the front end to one that is unedited. (If you have no unedited Theme you can create one on the ACP -> Themes page by clicking the green "+Create New" button; give it a name, set the locale to US English, set it to be the default Theme for the front and save, changing nothing else.)

Then login on the front end, make sure you are using the unedited Theme, and perform the tests which Randy noted above.

So this is not working, because creating a new default theme with the green button starts by making a copy of the existing default theme. These are customised. How do I get a new default theme? I was still getting the error even using the support tool and turning off customisations and then enabling Forms. 

Could contain: Text, Page, File

8 minutes ago, Alex Duffy said:

So this is not working, because creating a new default theme with the green button starts by making a copy of the existing default theme. These are customised. How do I get a new default theme? I was still getting the error even using the support tool and turning off customisations and then enabling Forms. 

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Clicking Create New does not copy the existing default unless you’ve installed some modification to do that. 

That's a somewhat generic statement in the text there. It's actually creating a new, unedited, Theme.

Be sure to choose Manual Mode, then name it, check Locale, set as front-end default, and save. Don't change anything else, even colors.

Once it's saved, check one last thing. On the new unedited Theme, click the </> icon to its right to open the template editor, click the CSS sub-tab, and find the template titled custom.css

Could contain: File, Text, Word, Webpage

That should show exactly what is in my screenshot (taken on a cloud site I have for testing). I.e. there's nothing in the file except that block of text (which is commented out with the /**.... **/ tags).

Is that different than what you see in your new Theme?

Hi Mark, ok, did that exactly as you said and the same error is thrown when I enable Forms. And it goes away when I disable forms. Is that conclusive?

14 minutes ago, Mark H said:

s that different than what you see in your new Theme?

Could contain: Word, File, Text

Edited by Alex Duffy

2 minutes ago, Alex Duffy said:

Hi Mark, ok, did that exactly as you said and the same error is thrown when I enable Forms. And it goes away when I disable forms. Is that conclusive?

Could contain: Word, File, Text

It sounds like it’s not a theme issue then. In addition, in the resource’s support thread shortly after you posted it looks like someone else is having a similar issue. So that would give a LOT of credence to the resource indeed being the problem. 🙂 

OK, when using an unedited Theme, if disabling the 3rd-party app resolves the problem, then the issue is within that 3rd-party item, and you'd need to contact its author for assistance with it.

Until they resolve the issue, you can disable the app to keep your site running.

Thank you for your help folks, it was the theme error made me wonder, then also it had just had an update.

3 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

t sounds like it’s not a theme issue then. In addition, in the resource’s support thread shortly after you posted it looks like someone else is having a similar issue. So that would give a LOT of credence to the resource indeed being the problem. 🙂 

I forgot to follow that thread, thanks for spotting that Randy

4 minutes ago, Mark H said:

OK, when using an unedited Theme, if disabling the 3rd-party app resolves the problem, then the issue is within that 3rd-party item, and you'd need to contact its author for assistance with it.

Until they resolve the issue, you can disable the app to keep your site running.

I will indeed keep it disabled, but it's an excellent app so hope it gets resolved soon.

• 2 weeks later...